Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 18, 2008, 04:34 AM
    Sunburn--Allergic reaction to aloe.
    HI there,

I am wondering if there is some product that I can use to minimize my burns? Something that doesn't contain aloe... I seem to have an allergic reaction to it...
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 21, 2008, 04:59 AM
    I don't know much on aloe allergies but I found this that might help. :)

Aloe Allergies
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 21, 2008, 07:14 AM
    Eucerin Cream is a very nice oil in water moisurizer that comes highly doctor recommended. It does contain a small amount of sun screen, so it can be used as a light (little protection) sun screen.

It comes in various formulations, one is like a paste, another is thicker and a third is thin for applying to the face.

Moisturizing the skin will always help. I tend to apply a small amount while my body is still wet in the shower, mostly year round.

Noxema and Solarcaine have been staples of treating sun burn without broken skin, but we all know that cooling the skin with ice packs, cool shower ASAP minimizes burn damage.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 21, 2008, 10:20 AM
    Thanks guy. I no longer have the sunburn but this will be useful information for the future!
    ksam Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2010, 05:36 PM
    I am so allergic to Aloe Vera, so is my brother. I am currently trying to heal a horrible facial burn, caused by Aloe. I went into a Cosmetics store. After telling the sales woman twice, that I am allergic to Aloe, she reassured me, the product was safe. I was trying to relieve, what I think is Rosacea. After applying the product in the store, I also purchased the cleanser, she suggested. That night my face was all burnt, puffy, blistered, sore and I couldn't sleep. I put on cool packs, went to the doctor, used prescription cream, and still no luck. Looked on the net, tried applying milk, honey, and oatmeal to my face, still no luck! Now, I am trying Hydrocortisone Cream, the pharmacist said to give it a few days. I am at the end of my rope!! It still hurts, I don't know what else to do. I'm on day 4 with this. Can't leave the house, not getting sleep... grrr!! My mother told me that Chamomile Tea, works for a friend of the family. I guess it will be the next thing to try. If anyone knows of a sure fire way to make the pain and redness go away? Please share!! I have also tried Rosacure, Prosacea, Vaseline, Avene Restorative Cream, no good. I hope someone out there, has found something and will be kind enough to make a suggestion. Crying over this seems to make it worse,too.
    Desperate for an answer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Allergic reaction on using Hair colour [ 9 Answers ]

I am 53 years, more than 50% hair has become gray which is not acceptable to me. I tried many hair dyes to make it black but all of those causes allergic ( skin ) reaction. Now I am using henna, but its red colour is also unaccetable. How can I make my hair black without causing any allergic...

Aloe slimming soap [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know the properties or contents of aloe slimming soap. Can a pregnant person use it ?

Sunburn [ 11 Answers ]

Tell me what you think... My boyfriend is out in the sun most of the day, from around 11 until about 4. How long do you think is too long? and how long until he gets skin cancer? I try to tell him everyday that its not good for him but he just won't listen. Any advice?

Allergic reaction [ 2 Answers ]

Our dachsund got his distemper and rabies shot yeasturday. They said he may have a alergic reation and he is getting lumps that are coming and going throughout his head area. His ears are red on the inside too. Please advise, thank you

View more questions Search