Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 18, 2008, 04:07 AM
    I have an idea.
    So, I know WHAT I want to create. Do I need to present the idea to someone to have it created or what? Should I build one myself and then what? I've thought for years and years that I wanted to INVENT something.

Also, is there a way for me to find out if its already been invented? I mean, other than Google?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 18, 2008, 05:30 AM
    Havimg and 'idea' for a new product that you think is viable can be expensive. If you are handy yourself, you do a drawing, fine tune that, then you do a prototype and fine tune that one until you have a good example of what you want it to be. Or you explain your idea to a draftsperson and for a fee they do a drawing for you, etc. and then on to the prototype, paying someone to do that for your too.

After you have your final drawing, final prototype you present a description, usage, materials you believe it should be made of to minimize cost without jeoparidizing use and find a lawyer who will search the archives in the US, Canada and UK to find a similar, if not exactly the same, product that is already out there and has a patent number. People have paid thousands to have this done only to find th at what they have invented, has been invented before and already has a patent number. The patent number being the ultimate result to start production of your idea without having someone coming forward and saying "hey, I already thought of that!".

I happen to know all this because years ago I worked for a patent attorney who did the searches.
    Vision Expert

May 18, 2008, 05:32 AM
    Dang, that's a lot of work... I googled it, and someone already thought of it. A toaster that makes Jesus prints on the toast...
    Expert

May 18, 2008, 05:50 AM
    ROFL..! You must be bored today ! I could have told you that !
    Vision Expert

May 18, 2008, 05:54 AM
    Yeah. I saw some Jesus toast on the news and was like, a toaster that did that ON PURPOSE would rock! I also kind of contemplated buying a box of Corn Flakes to find one that looked like a person.

Yeah, I was bored... lol

Perhaps a Toaster that burns an image of ME on the toast, is that kind of bordering on sac religion?
    Expert

May 18, 2008, 06:53 AM
    I think, chi, one that burns an image of one of your chihauhaus would be appropriate. That would be
    'dogonelicious'!
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 18, 2008, 07:55 AM
    Hello momma:

By jove, I think you've got something... I'll bet you can get a toaster to burn an image from a photograph. It'll take some software, some elements that you can turn on and off, and a usb connection. I think it's eminently doable

I'd buy one of those.

excon
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Jun 21, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Dang, that's alot of work....I googled it, and someone already thought of it. A toaster that makes Jesus prints on the toast...
    How about a Jesus-shaped waffle? <G>
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 12:26 AM
    I invented dehydrated water. It's a powder that is just a fraction of the weight of water. Great for backpacking. You can carry enough to make 10,000 gallons of water that is equal to the weight of a pocket knife.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 12:32 AM
    You mean this one magprob?

magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Jun 24, 2008, 12:46 AM
    Well there you go. It has already been invented. Oh well, on to my next project.
    linnealand Posts: 1,088, Reputation: 216
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2008, 02:43 PM
    I LOVE your idea. You could make a lot of money with that :)

I'd buy one, too!

Unless the technology has been patented (even though it exists doesn't necessarily mean it has a patent on it), you might be able to sell mother mary toasters instead. excon's post is great.
    Vision Expert

Jul 17, 2008, 08:16 PM
    That's a good point.
    princeblu12 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Aug 17, 2008, 07:55 PM
    Hi,
    If you want everyone to notice your invention then make a model of it and show it to your street.If they like it then maybe they might ask the council to make it. Or, if your invention is complicated then design it on the internet and find any invention making community email and send them your master piece.

Ps- Or you can wait for something amazing to happen.

Hope my opinions helped!!
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2008, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ChihuahuaMomma
    Perhaps a Toaster that burns an image of ME on the toast
    y'know I might just pony up the cash to see that.

'course it depends on the image. You're cute as sin so its probably an easy "yes"

=) yes I'm a pain in your arse. Some things never change.

still... I've got at least 37 bucks in my wallet with nothing to do on a Sunday night...

=)
    princeblu12 Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Aug 17, 2008, 08:28 PM
    Why do u want me to know that?
    Vision Expert

Aug 17, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kp2171
    y'know i might just pony up the cash to see that.

'course it depends on the image. youre cute as sin so its probably an easy "yes"

=) yes im a pain in your arse. some things never change.

still... ive got at least 37 bucks in my wallet with nothing to do on a sunday night...

=)
    LOL! I might just... I have come up with another invention... something to do with female personal hygiene...
    Vision Expert

Aug 17, 2008, 10:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by princeblu12
    why do u want me to know that?
    What?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No idea what I want to do [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there Okay well I'm at that stage in my life where I'm having to make final subject study choices and I really don't know what I want to do. I really like languages and would like some sort of job involving languages and travel, but I also really like science so I don't want to waste that...

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

I need a romantic Idea, anyone with an Idea? [ 6 Answers ]

If you haven’t figured it out I am a gay man. I been having problems with my lover and was just wondering does anyone have any ideas about romantic gifts that I can give him. I was thinking a rose or something like that. Just something to say how much I love him and that he is my whole world. Just...

I need some idea. [ 4 Answers ]

I was just wondering if anyone had any idea seeing how I don't... I last had my period on Aug. 31st and have had nothing since.. I had a blood discharge once when I went to the bathroom mixed with a clear mucus... Nothing since that was a about 2 weeks ago... I have a soar chest, hard time getting...

View more questions Search