Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nightgypsy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Tattoo placement, is the side a good idea if you're a girl?
    Hi there, I was just wondering about placing a tattoo on your side; around the area where the arm falls but also the tattoo would curve over the hip and waist line a bit. The image is a chinese snake dragon... if I got it there and right now I'm an average sized girl, how much would it stretch if I lost weight or gained more weight or when I have kids down the road?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 17, 2008, 10:02 PM
    I hear that is one of the most painful places, and you probably would have some distortion due to stretching from being pregnant (and stretch marks). But unless it's a considerable amount of weight gain or loss, I don't see that it would affect the design much if any.
    sd1025 Posts: 98, Reputation: 11

May 19, 2008, 11:09 AM
    Your hip could deffinetly be a problem, but I saw a picture of a girl in a tattoo magazine who had a dragon tattooed down her whole side with the tail wrapped around her ankle and it looked pretty cool, but you should talk to your artist, they have some knowledge of it
    Super Allie Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2008, 04:38 PM
    I have butterfly on my lower back, it's a tad tacky now a day, but still the best place to get one
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 24, 2008, 04:43 PM
    I think that's really a matter of opinion. I think lower back tattoos aren't too appealing.

Those peticular tattoos have horrid nicknames that I would never want associated with something that means a lot to me. And anything that I get tattooed on me will most definitely have a very significant meaning.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nightgypsy
    hi there, i was just wondering about placing a tattoo on your side; around the area where the arm falls but also the tattoo would curve over the hip and waist line a bit. the image is a chinese snake dragon... if i got it there and right now i'm an average sized girl, how much would it stretch if i lost weight or gained more weight or when i have kids down the road??
    It could stretch a great deal depending on how big you get (due to pregnancy or otherwise).

If you plan on having kids in the future, I would advise against it. Not only can it stretch, but you can develop stretch MARKS in the middle of the tattoo as well, and that is something you do not want on a beautiful and expensive tattoo.

It is ultimately up to you, but if you plan on having children, I'd pick another spot for a tattoo.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rerouting pipes in 12 unit condo building? Good idea or bad idea [ 2 Answers ]

Is it a good idea to reroute pipes for a 12 unit building rather then take the chance of digging up concrete parking lot and plumber not finding where break in clay pipe is? If there is a break in the pipe at all how can you put a liner in if you can't see?? I personally think the plumber is lying...

Is %temp% a good idea [ 6 Answers ]

A friend of mine told me about a maintenance step that keeps his computer running faster. He does this on a regular basis with no problems. He told me to click RUN, and enter %temp%, which opens a folder called TEMP. Then delete all the files in this folder. Some of my files in this folder...

Is this a good idea? [ 2 Answers ]

So here's the situation in a nutshell, some of you may have actually read some of the first posts months ago, but for those who haven't: About 6 months ago there was this guy who I saw working at a store near my house, our eyes meet and bam! I was struck, so to speak, and I think he was too,...

Is ged a good idea? [ 9 Answers ]

I'm a freshman and I guess I don't do good in school... well I definitely don't do goodthis quarter I got n u u n u u f and last quarter I got a 57 average and only passed one class( the way my school works is the firrst quarter of every term you get alpha grades like S G E U or N) and my mom...

Tattoo placement [ 2 Answers ]

I would really like to get a tattoo on my stomach but I am afraid that when I decide to have children it will stretch and afterward not look very good:confused: Does anyone have any advice on whether I should continue with getting this tattoo or if I should think of a different place?

View more questions Search