Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kennaortega Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 07:55 PM
    Minors' rights Ca.: 12yr old doesn't want to be adopted
    In California.
    My 12yr old doesn't want to be adopted unless she still cannot come home to Mommy.
    She was taken illegally by cps many years ago from her mother who has never stopped wanting and trying to get her back, but to no avail so far.
    She has been in several different foster homes where she had been abused for a few years. So, since the foster parents that she is with currently do not abuse her, she is afraid that she will end up in another bad placement while she is waiting to someday be back with her loving mother.
    My question is: What say so does she have now that she is older?

She has been pressured and intimidated into keeping the same self serving attorney that she has had since day 1 but has never listened to her. Last year the judge recommended filing an ab519 but that has to be done by her attorney who told her mother that she will never file that for her.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 17, 2008, 09:42 PM
    She has no say until she is 18.

Generally the state has pretty good reason to take kids away from parents.

If she's been abused in foster homes, she needs to report that to her social worker.

Why exactly has her loving mommy not regained custody at this point--many years is a long time for the state to want to keep paying for your child? And why was she taken in the first place?

Honestly--HER attorney is supposed to be looking out for her, and her alone. YOUR attorney is who is supposed to be on YOUR side.

So... what's the whole story here?
    kennaortega Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 09:56 PM
    Yes, thank you, Synnen. You are right. The system is perfect and I should just let them do whatever they need to do to her.
    How very insightful. You have an amazing intuition. Keep up the good work, Counselor.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 19, 2008, 05:21 AM
    I never said the system was perfect.

I said there was more to the story than you were telling us.

How about the WHOLE story this time, please?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting my ex to sign over his rights so my son can be adopted [ 10 Answers ]

I don't know how I can get my ex (who has never even seen my son) to sign over his rights so that my boyfriend, who has been a part of his life since the later months of my pregnancy, to sign over his rights. If you know anything at all about this pleas answer!

I want my 12yr old sister [ 1 Answers ]

My mom has recently had my sister taken away and put in a foster home. I would like to get her to live with me but I live in a different state. Does anyone know what I would need to do to get her? I live with my boyfriend. We have 4 kids and also his son from another relationship. If anyone could...

Father doesn't want to be around because of his new GF; wants to give up rights. [ 13 Answers ]

My son's father lives an hour and a half away. Ever since I was pregnant he has been in and out of me and our son's life depending on his feelings for the week... His reasoning was that he was in love with me and wanted to work things out... We started working things out and he was doing well until...

How do I give up my rights for my adopted child [ 4 Answers ]

My ex-girlfriend and I adopted a child two years ago and since that time she has refused to let me see the child. I have went to court and gotten a court order but she has refused to follow it. She has know accused me of using drugs among other things. She lies consistently. She has taken me to...

View more questions Search