Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    chicalucky_97 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 07:38 PM
    My bank account was garnished is there anything I can do?
    What can I do if my bank account has been garnished.. Can the creditor that sent the levy release my account? Will they negotiate and release funds to me?:( please help
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 17, 2008, 08:05 PM
    Why should or would they ? They have a legal judgement and have the ability to take all of the money in the bank account,
    For what reason would they not take all they could?

I mean I guess you can try, but if the money in the bank does not cover the entire debt most likely they will just want to know when theywill get more
    slowandeasy Posts: 353, Reputation: 14

May 18, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Hello C_97

Fr_Chuck is right why would they negotiate now? The time to work out a settlement was before they got the judgement? Another point, if you live in a state where wage garnshiments are allowed they may do that to. You can try and see what happens but I doubt if they will negotiate now that they have a legal way to get their money

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnished Bank Account [ 2 Answers ]

Ok so if you get your bank account garnished and pay the company the next day. Is there a limit to how long they have to put everything back in your account and unfreeze it?

Can my bank account be garnished without being court issued? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I may not be able to fully answer your question but as far as I know your checking account CAN NOT be gotten into without a court order. My husband had a problem with a credit card too and they had to go to court to be able to get into his checking account to get what they said that he owed...

Bank account frozen and Wages Garnished [ 4 Answers ]

Ok - I own up to the debt - however - I was told by the original lenders (its for a car) that the debt was writtenoff by p&l they even removed it from my credit report this was years ago - fast forward toMonday - I get a note from my job saying there is an income execution so my wages are being...

Garnished Bank Account [ 1 Answers ]

Hello - My bank account was recently garnished as an attempt to collect on a Judgement against me. The amount of the Judgement is more than what the balance of my bank account was. The current balance of my bank account shows as negative in the amount of what is owed for the judgement. If I...

Garnished bank account funds [ 3 Answers ]

I live in Texas. In 1999 I had a business that failed. One company that I owed filed a judgement. Now I have been told by my bank that my bank account funds have been garnished, from said judgement. According to Texas Law only tax levies can garnish a bank account. I have filed and signed a letter...

View more questions Search