Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kt123456 Posts: 36, Reputation: -2

May 17, 2008, 05:45 PM
    Lack of understanding?
    Do people discriminate against those with special needs because there is a lack of understanding?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Yes, some people discriminate against those with handicaps and also against those who don't. Self-righteous, impatient and intolerant people should get tickets for it. One day of picking up garbage from the street would cure them. If they aren't over themselves in a day, they may need a week.

May 17, 2008, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by simoneaugie
    Yes, some people discriminate against those with handicaps and also against those who don't. Self-righteous, impatient and intolerant people should get tickets for it. One day of picking up garbage from the street would cure them. If they aren't over themselves in a day, they may need a week.

Thank you for your answer but I don't think you fully understood my question. Yes I know there is those cruel people out there that discriminate against those with a disability and know they do it but my question is do some people do it because there is now enough information out there for one to understand those with special needs?
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2008, 06:35 PM
    Very possibly.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 17, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Yes that is one reason but not nearly the only reason, there is no ONE main reason,

May 17, 2008, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    yes that is one reason but not nearly the only reason, there is no ONE main reason,

What are some of these reasons?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 17, 2008, 08:22 PM
    It will help if you will explain what you are looking for.

Reasons, some people are just evil, others perfer to make fun of others to make thierself feel better, others do it because they are not required to meet certain needs by law and don' want to spend the money, others do it out of fear of people who are different.
    bardiamond Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 09:40 PM
    Good question.

Overall I think there's adequate information available on disabilities and special needs, but I find getting people motivated to learn about the disability community is the real problem.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jun 1, 2008, 11:30 AM
    I would really hate to think there are people out there who never read a paper, never read a book and can't access the internet. That is the only way they can understand why some people are less fortunate then others.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help understanding why this happens! [ 5 Answers ]

I need help understanding this I am 15 years old and most of the time when I go to sleep at night my boyfriend stays on the phone because I have a tendency to stop breathing at night. Well for the past couple months when I fall asleep he has been saying to me I love you baby and when he says that I...

Obama's Lack of Understanding of Jesus Christ's Important Role [ 62 Answers ]

Obama apparently does not know the Holy Bible well at all. If he did, he would immediately be able to cite the passages that say "And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house." -- ACTS OF THE APOSTLES 16:31 (King James Version) and JOHN 14:6 (King James...

Lack of money, lack of job, banging my head against a brick wall it seems. [ 8 Answers ]

OK, this has been going on for over 6 months now and I need for it to end... ive not done anything and neither has he, but I am finding it very hard to get a job, the last job I had six months ago was temp,they let me go after a month being there. I have been trying hard to get work, as of yet its...

Understanding: [ 42 Answers ]

Why should people believe that all religious understanding is relative and that no one interpretation is absolute? HANK :confused:

View more questions Search