Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    HAhmed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Why should name,address,date of birth and nationality should be included in a resume?
    Why should name, address,date of birth and nationality is to be mentioned in a resume?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2008, 12:40 PM
    The more the employer can know about you in the resume, the better chance you have of getting the job.

Think about it, Resume A has very little information about the person applying for the job.

Resume B contains all the above mentioned information, and good details about the applicant, but without being too long or cluttered.

As the employer, which one would you be more likely to choose?
    Member360 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2008, 08:07 AM
    Comment on progunr's post
    Age and nationality are irrelevant to job performance and not only that, give the prospective employer the potential to discriminate against an applicant. This is an awful answer!
    Member360 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 24, 2008, 08:10 AM

Age and nationality are irrelevant to job performance and not only that, give the prospective employer the potential to discriminate against an applicant.

Think about it: it's illegal to even ask an applicant his nationality (and probably his age) on a job interview. This is an awful answer!
    tolerance Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Dec 12, 2008, 08:32 PM

You put your name, number, and mailing address for them to contact you when needed.

I never, I mean never, put my race or date of birth on a resume. I agree what the second poster said. If an employer is interest they won't get in touch with you for an interview.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Birth date [ 2 Answers ]

When will my baby be born?

Music from my date of birth? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to find out what was number 1 on the day I was born?? Any body know of any websites that I mite find something... cheers!

Maiden name and birth date only! [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to go about trying to find my aunt that I have never meet. All I have is her maiden name, and date of birth I have not one bit more of information. Is the impossible? Chris

Global address list groups members missing in Outlook address book [ 0 Answers ]

Hello All, When I view a group in global address list in Outlook , address book group Does not display the members. My company use exchange 2000 server, and client use outlook XP or 2003. Does anybody experience the same thing and/or know why this is so? Thanks a lot for your help and...

View more questions Search