Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    batgirl2009 Posts: 68, Reputation: 2

May 19, 2008, 03:11 PM
    I'm thinking that I am confused and haven't done anything with this guy but am getting really weird messages from him. I don't want to call him out on it and have this be a big misunderstanding. But something must be done.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 19, 2008, 03:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by batgirl2009
    I'm thinking that I am confused and haven't done anything with this guy but am getting really weird messages from him. I don't want to call him out on it and have this be a big misunderstanding. But something must be done.
    It's up to you. First off, I would curb testing my flirtatious skills in the neighborhood. Your friends are only telling you what they observe and that should give you a clue. A wife tends to notice batting eyes, smiles and other body language and you probably subconsciously went to town in that department - no wonder he thinks you sent him signals and no wonder she thinks you are hitting on him. You really have to set it straight before it get out of control, for your own sake as well as his.

Now, put yourself in her shoes for a minute and think of how you would react in her place.

So, stay out of his way and find young single men your age to test your skills on. But still be careful.

talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 19, 2008, 03:37 PM
    I don't want to call him out on it and have this be a big misunderstanding. But something must be done.
    It starts with you staying away from him, that way he can't get the wrong idea, or misread any signals from you.

May 20, 2008, 12:21 PM
    That makes since. Especially since I'm not purposely trying to attract his attention.
    want_to_know Posts: 48, Reputation: 2

May 20, 2008, 01:50 PM
    First and foremost I'm sure he is not serious. Not to be mean but real. Married men that do this just want one thing and we know what that is. Whether you give it to him is another thing and I would not advise that. You feel you love him because I sure he says nice things like your pretty he doesn't love his wife they are having problems etc... etc... and he doesn't talk to your mom or sis because he knows that he is wrong. Even some adult women are dealing with this and the man says almost for sure that he is leaving his wife and you know the result he never does! Hopefully this will past and some you will be feeling this way about someone else.

May 20, 2008, 04:45 PM
    Thanks (not sarcastic). I know... and I guess I should have phrased my question differently. I KNOW that I don't love him. I'm way to young to say that. Especially about some one who is a lot older than me and has a wife. I don't even think crush properly describes it but it's that he's nice. I would never do anything with him but that dream had me questioning if contrary to what I know in my heart if I actually cared about him. Even if this doesn't pass I'm headed into my senior year and am most likely moving out of state for college.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

May 20, 2008, 04:59 PM
    Just be patient with yourself until then. College can be exciting and something to look forward to.

Just be aware that changing from an all girl's school to a whole new environment can be like a 'culture shock' , so keep your goals in sight.

May 20, 2008, 05:14 PM
    I'm learning how to be patient with myself. I'm not the easiest person to get along with. I'm very excited about college and seeing what I can do with the talents God gave me.

The culture shock is what I'm most scared of. Luckily my high school has given me the chance to make great female friends who I know I can count on and will keep me on the path to reach my goals.

May 20, 2008, 05:52 PM
    Even thou your not the easiest person to get along with there are so many different people in college that you will vibe with.

May 20, 2008, 05:53 PM
    Keep your head up not trying to be sarcastic if that was for me! :)

May 20, 2008, 05:59 PM
    I certainly hope so... and yes the "not being sarcastic" comment was TOTALLY for you! Once again... no sarcasm!:p

May 20, 2008, 06:08 PM
    That's cool too. Lol :) But the advice is to help you some speak from experience some speak of opinion. If someone has experience this could be a easy lesson learned without you suffering the consequences.

"No man is your friend No man is your foe but everyman is your teacher"

Don't be upset but more like a sponge and absorb all information unless someone is plain out rude and nasty.

May 20, 2008, 06:28 PM
    I have learned a lot. And I'm trying not to get upset because I know that you guys are just trying to help and I appreciate that. Hopefully what you guys have told me will help me and I will be able to get out of this situation without making a mess

May 20, 2008, 06:32 PM
    You will just be careful that's all! The wife has no clue what he as been doing does she? Or do you not have a clue if she knows about it?

May 20, 2008, 06:38 PM
    I don't know if she knows. But I would assume that she does, why else wouldn't she like me? Sorry if that sounded vain. I didn't mean it like that

May 20, 2008, 06:46 PM
    Lol! How do you know she doesn't like you? She said something to you?

May 20, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Lol. No... she talks to my whole family except me. And when I wave she turns the other way! Things like that!

May 20, 2008, 06:59 PM
    Yeah she knows or suspects! Just be careful and distance yourself she could be crrrrrraaaaaaazzzzzzzzyyyyyyy! Him too :) By the way college is fun fun fun! And educational have fun there and become successful.

May 20, 2008, 07:05 PM
    Exactly. But he and I haven't and NEVER will do anything. LOL! I can't wait for college! Thanks for the advice!

May 20, 2008, 07:40 PM
    Anytime! I was young once and not so long ago lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Married and falling for a married man [ 16 Answers ]

I met this married man doing volunteer work. I noticed that he was nice looking and he was helpful with what I needed. I do fundraisers for the Humane Society. Anyway, he told me to contact when I needed his help and he would donate a portion of money from his business. He gave me his business card...

Falling for a married man [ 7 Answers ]

What do you do when all your life you search for someone to understand you and care for like no other and finally it happens? Your crazy laugh, outrageous antics, it doesn't matter, He likes you just the way you are. You wake up and realize omg, he's married. You guys couldn't be together if...

Falling for an old friend who's married [ 11 Answers ]

Hi! I'm a 27 year old female in near desperation for finding Mr. Right. Just recently, I tried to surf the name of an old friend in grade school. He used to be a die hard admirer of mine and back then, I never had any feelings for him. Whatever's gotten into me recently, I don't know... but I...

I think I'm Falling in love with a married man. [ 4 Answers ]

I think I'm falling in love with a married man. Ive liked him since I was 16, I'm 20 now. He is now 29. And just got married. I thought I had lost all my feelings for him, but 2 weeks ago he came on to me at a wal mart store. I told him to leave me alone and walked out. Then this Wednesday I found ...

View more questions Search