Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    QUEEN BEE 2008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 11:14 AM
    What do I do?
    My niece is due to give birth in 3 months&she wants to just go have the baby&leave it at the hospital.Is there anyway I can take the baby from the hospital and raise it without the baby going to foster care/adoption?She said she don't care if I raise the baby as long as I raise it as my own with my husband.If anyone knows what I'd have to do,I'd love to know.This is her 8th pregnancy.Would my spuose&i be the one to name the baby,have our name put on birth cerftificate?:( I forgot to mention she don't even want to look at the baby when it's born
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 17, 2008, 11:25 AM
    For on thing she can't absolutely not have the baby and just leave it at the hospital. Arrangements have to made and you even if you wanted to, couldn't just take over the baby. If she did leave and relinquish parental rights the baby would go in foster care until something was sorfed as you adopting and going through the proper legal channels if you didn't want her to come back later and say she wants her child. Consult a family lawyer about the proper way to do adopt. You have to think this through, it is a big step, and there is a newborn at the end of it all.

Of course, events could turn around and as soon as she sees her baby, may want to keep it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 17, 2008, 12:24 PM
    Well actually yes, if she is in the US, she is allowed to leave it at the hospital, that is considered a "safe" area to do this without having charges brought to you.

Now with this said you get with her and the babies father, and have paper work ready to sign when the baby is born for the adoption
    QUEEN BEE 2008 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 18, 2008, 08:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    well actually yes, if she is in the US, she is allowed to leave it at the hospital, that is considered a "safe" area to do this without having charges brought to you.

Now with this said you get with her and the babies father, and have paper work ready to sign when the baby is born for the adoption

I love your answer and that's exactly what I'm a do,we gone have some papers drawn up for her to sign that way at least the baby will still be in the family.thanks so much

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search