Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sunaina Posts: 80, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 10:33 AM
    Is it OK to take 5000mg MSM,2000mg Omega-3,1000 Vitamin C?
    I've a question, I 'm planning to take nutrition for skin care...

I've planned to take 5000mg MSM + 2000 Omega-3 + 1000mg Vitamin C +1000mg Calcium + Vitamin D

Is it OK to take them together? Any advice... share... thanx in advance:)
    Sunaina Posts: 80, Reputation: 1

May 19, 2008, 08:33 AM
    Any one answer...
    lovelesspa Posts: 1,019, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Jun 2, 2008, 08:11 PM
    5,000 MSM More is not better in most cases, 2,000 milligrams a day is enough. Depends on brand.
    Omega 3, stick to what the company whom produces it advises, on the bottle.
    1,000 MG Vitamin C is good, (never more that 2,000 milligrams)
    For most people 1,000-1500 Mg of calcium is good
    And Vitamin 400-800 IU a day.
    Bocasean Posts: 147, Reputation: 20

Jun 6, 2008, 10:16 PM
    Is there any reason why you won't take more than 2g of Vitamin C? Other than possible... umm... intestinal distress, the toxicity of ascorbic acid/Vitamin C is virtually non-existant.

It's not uncommon to see people taking THOUSANDS of milligrams. I've personally taken as much as 8g in one day.

I'm just curious, because what I've heard could be completely different from what you've heard and I'd like to hear the other side of the coin :)
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2008, 10:23 AM
    Basically the reasons you stated, diarrhea, nausea, kidney stones, gastritis is the reason I say don't over do the viatam C. Vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin that your body doesn't store, so all excess will be flushed out of your body in your urine. Although large amount more than likely won't harm you, I don't get the reason people use mega doses of this supplement.

Jun 7, 2008, 01:32 PM
    Most of my reasoning comes from the research of Linus Pauling. I don't do it all the time, but will if I'm feeling like my immune system is struggling.
    Ultra Member

Jun 7, 2008, 05:30 PM
    Bocasean, I am well aware of some of Dr. Paulings work, a two time nobel prize winner he had some strong (during the 1970's) beliefs about higher doses of vitamin C. Where as, How I was trained and what I studied, I was told anywhere from 200 milligram a day (6 servings of fruit) 1-2 G a day, to recently 500 mgs daily and 1,000-2000 mg. when sick. I believe supplements are great, if you don't eat a lot of veggies or fruits. And if it makes you feel better or give you the boost you need, great. It can't hurt, for the most part.

Jun 7, 2008, 07:47 PM
    Yeah, it's similar in all aspects of the health/wellness/fitness genre. You ask any 6 experts, and you're likely to get 4 different answers :)
    MassNutrition Posts: 75, Reputation: 5

Jun 7, 2008, 09:45 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunaina
    I've a question, I 'm planning to take nutrition for skin care....

I've planned to take 5000mg MSM + 2000 Omega-3 + 1000mg Vitamin C +1000mg Calcium + Vitamin D

Is it ok to take them together? any advice.... share...thanx in advance:)

Absolutely fine to take them together. On a personal note, you can get away with 2g to 3g of MSM (2000mg to 3000mg) instead of the 5g. It will do just the same, and be much more cost effective (MSM can be expensive).

I would also bump the 2g of omega 3s up to 6g (6000mg) per day. You will see a tremendous difference in everything, and not just your skin.

At lastly, spread out these dosages throughout the day... i.e.. Take 500mg of vitamin C twice a day, 500mg of calcium twice a day etc.
    Ultra Member

Jun 8, 2008, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bocasean
    Yeah, it's similar in all aspects of the health/wellness/fitness genre. You ask any 6 experts, and you're likely to get 4 different answers :)
    Now that is the truest statement ever!:)
    idamed Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2012, 02:40 PM
    I am taking Omega 3 with 500mg of vitamine C,twice per day. I am not sure of the result.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fatty acids, omega etc. [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone please explain to me the difference/connection between essential fatty acids, omega 3 and 6, gamma linolenic acid, linoleic acid, poly- and mono-unsaturates - the more I read the more I am confused. Thank you!

Will Omega 3/6 pills stop my Golden's scratching himself raw? [ 5 Answers ]

My Golden is 5 years old and has a history of scratching himself down to the bloody skin. The vets always say food allergies. He has been eating Hills ZD Ultra hypoallergy food now for 4 months and he still is scratching. A friend had luck with something called Derma Cap? Does anyone have...

Omega 3 Fish oil [ 2 Answers ]

Is this really good for you and can it help you lose weight?

Omega 3 made me stink [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I have been taking omega 3 three times a day and now my vagina smells bad like after I wash for about 15 or 5 minutes. I have taken omega3 before but once a day , it says in the bottle from 1 to 3 pills a day so now I went for 3. has this ever happened to any one? And if it has what to do?

Finding Big O, theta, omega, little-o and little-w [ 1 Answers ]

f(n) = n / log n g(n) = log n (log (log n) ) all logs are base 2 the question is, is f(n) element of Ω (g(n)) f(n) element of O (g(n)) f(n) element of Θ (g(n)) f(n) element of w (g(n)) ...

View more questions Search