Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    czepp Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Monitor/vga display issues
    Hi, just bought new PC. Acer inspire M1610 with Vista. It has SiS Mirage 3 graphics. I can't run certain games properly (although they run with degraded quality) I have searched everywhere to update the drivers but no joy. Also I have a widescreen monitor but try as I might I can't get the display to go widescreen, is there a way? Its not the actual monitor settings, I tried that. Anyone help?
    computerlady Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 10:59 AM
    You might try xp compatibility mode to get the games to run better - just look it up in the vista help screens. The display going wide screen (or not) is a function of the monitor and the screen settings - if you have already adjusted the settings to wide screen (something like 1440 x 900)look for the adjustments that allow you to widen the screen - it is usually a button on the bottom front or the side of the monitor. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No Monitor Display [ 4 Answers ]

My friends PC, running W98, will no longer have a display. She has tried plugging in two other monitors with the same result... nothing. She says she may have messed up something while in safe mode. Any thoughts? Thanks.

No display in monitor [ 2 Answers ]

Hello friends. Me, Sankha again faced a new problem. The problem is that my monitor have no display. It works fine but suddenly form today it stop displaying. Now the monitor display nothing. What happen: 1. Cpu fan runs. 2. CD DVD rom runs HD also spins. 3. The power led & HD led...

Monitor Color Display [ 2 Answers ]

I was surfin the net, suddenly my monitor went black as if I restarted the PC. I turned it on and off, the screen appeared white then turns black later on. I restarted the PC but the color display became yellowish, and the colors doesn't appear the right one. Can someone tell me why the monitor...

Upside down display in monitor [ 4 Answers ]

My wife placed some files on the keyboard, and suddenly the display in the monitor went upside down. After reboot, it remains the same. She again placed some files on the keyboard, and this time the display changed to the side, i.e. 90 degrees from the normal display. I tried to press every...

Monitor display [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, After my son aged 8 finished using the computer the screen display was rotated 90 degrees. He was playing an on line game. I have been into the control panel and then display but nothing seems to rotate the display back and my neck is now hurting. The computer is a Dell Dimension 3000...

View more questions Search