Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ryantube Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 12:07 AM
    Being handcuffed by a police with no charge
    Hi
    My friend invited me to his friend's house for swimming in an apartment. But he didn't have a key to enter the swimming pool, so he asked me to jump over the swimming pool fence to open the door to the swimming pool.
    Then someone saw me and called the cops. The officer then came ask for my Driver license and handcuff me and put me on his police car, accused me for trespassing, even my friend were there, but then after 5 minute talking the officer let me out and go without any charge or ticket or anything.
    Will the incident appear on my RECORD, and should I mention it on the U.S Citizen Exam?
    Thanks
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 17, 2008, 12:22 AM
    If there was no charge, there is nothing to appear on your record.

May 17, 2008, 12:45 AM
    So, should I answer YES or NO on question
    "Have you ever had contact with the police (charged, arrested, cited, imprision, even if charges were dropped or record no longer exists?)
    Vision Expert

May 17, 2008, 12:47 AM
    Answer NO. You weren't arrested. You didn't go to jail and get booked. There were no charges to be dropped.

May 17, 2008, 12:52 AM
    Thank you
    You are a wonderful helper!
    Vision Expert

May 17, 2008, 12:56 AM
    Well you are very welcome.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Handcuffed by Boring Job [ 10 Answers ]

I am at another one of those proverbial crossroads in my life. I'm in my early 30's, have a law degee (with almost $100,000 of debt), and have a 1 yr. old son. I spend my days at a job (non legal) that pays just enough to live on. I do not want to sit in a cubicle my whole life. But since I...

Police Stop [ 3 Answers ]

In the U.K, is it legal for an off duty police person to arrest me having shown me his badge?

Can the police drop the charge and let my husband out of jail? [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I have been married for 3 years now and I really love him. He's cheated on me before and the only person who CAN hurt me emotionally. His cheating on me, has caused me so much problems that I bottle them up inside and last night all these problems exploded. To make matters worst, we...

Should we go to the police? [ 25 Answers ]

Me and my friend have this friend and her boyfriend has been hitting her and he threatens her all the time and he even held a gun to her head at one point fallows her everywhere and has these freaky mind game type things and the other day he poked her in the eye and made her blind in one eye I mean...

Police brutality [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any law that defend police brutality ?

View more questions Search