Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    14075 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 03:56 PM
    Mixing two or more hair colors to make a new color
    Hi, how do I mix two or more hair colors? Is there a general rule? I'm looking for a chocolate brown color but I'm also looking for new colors to try too. Thanks
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 16, 2008, 04:17 PM
    What kind of colours would you say you'd like to try?

Mixing colours can be a bit tricky sometimes. I do a bit of mixing at work. The product I use is a new exclusive salon brand specifically for mixing.
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 16, 2008, 08:44 PM
    If you haven't been trained on how to do it, I wouldn't suggest it. I would suggest going to a salon.
    14075 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2008, 08:09 AM
    Does anyone have tried and true formulas?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will hair color remover remove the color or make it lighter? [ 3 Answers ]

I dyed my hair light golden brown. My original hair color was dark brown. Now the golden brown is starting to fade and plus my hair is growing out at the roots. The hair color did damage to my hair and I don't want to permanent dye it anymore. All I want to do is put a dark rinse to at least get my...

Is Mixing Hair colors together okay? [ 4 Answers ]

Is Mixing Hair colors together okay or will two different colors create an undesirable result?? Please help. I want to mix a strawberry blonde and a golden blonde... What do you think?? Thank You Val

Is there a way that I can make my hair color lighter? [ 5 Answers ]

It's a dark brown, but I want it to be a lighter shade. I don't want to resort to coloring my hair at all, so is there a way I can change my hair color? I've heard of bleaching the roots.. :confused:

Hair color mixing [ 2 Answers ]

So I bought 2 different colors of hair color and planned on mixing them. One is a dark brown and the other is medium auburn brown, they are from the same company... I was just wondering if this was OK to do?

Mixing Professional hair color [ 1 Answers ]

How do you mix hair color? The instructions say 1 part color 2 parts developer. Does this mean if I use 1 oz color than I have to add 2 oz developer and so on?

View more questions Search