Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vnelson Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 09:35 AM
    Stop acorns from growing in lawn
    Our front lawn has an oak planted from a 5 gal nursery pot 8 years ago. Last year, for the first time, it bore fruit, acorns all over the lawn. It didn't bother me until this spring when most of them began to sprout.

For now I am uprooting them by hand. How do I deal with them this fall?

Is there a way to thatch them up every winter?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 16, 2008, 09:44 AM
    Nothing much you can do. Same as me with my Maple tree and in the spring tiny maple trees growing all over my garden amongst my perennials coming up. I just grit my teeth and get to it by pulling them all out!
    squeaks77 Posts: 113, Reputation: 19
    -

May 16, 2008, 10:18 AM
    Either rake them up in the fall or chew them up with a mower.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Movies about Trollies, They come from acorns? [ 6 Answers ]

I used to watch this movie when I was little, and I remember the song, "trollies come from acorns, and that's how trollies are born!" Does anyone remember this movie? ANd if yes, what is that title of the movie? I can't think of it and it's driving me crazy!

Lawn chief riding lawn mower forward and reverse [ 4 Answers ]

The lawn mower will not go forward or reverse, What should I check to fix this problem?

Are acorns bad for dogs? [ 1 Answers ]

Trink is just in love with them! And, given that my house and neighborhood is full of live oaks, which have many small (like pinky nail size) acorns, it's hard to keep her from scarfing at least a few of them down when we are out. She'll be sniffing around, and then just find one and have it...

MTD lawn tractor won't stop [ 2 Answers ]

Replaced all belts but tractor is still taking off when changing gears instead of sitting still until gears change

View more questions Search