Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steveharling Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 09:26 AM
    Furnace blower noisy
    Help, the fan blower on my furnace is noisy. I turned it off and manually spun the fan... it moved smoothly. Any suggestions?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 16, 2008, 09:52 AM
    Boy, I must put up with an awful lot, maybe cause I gave up asking hubby to fix anything and it stays on a waiting list, unless I can fix it (and I do most everything around here). My furnace blower sounds like a cyclone hitting when it comes up the pipes. I have grown accustomed to it, and if I didn't here that roar I would worry the furnace wasn't working! Where is Tom when you need him anyway ! TOM, YOU OUT THERE ?

Oh, and put up with low water in my toilet. I just live for Tom's thoughts on these things, and then I get out my screwdriver.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noisy induced draft furnace blower [ 3 Answers ]

Hello everyone. This is the first time I am using this site. Earlier today, I noticed a strange noise from my forced air furnace. I believe it is from the induced draft blower motor due to a bad bearing. I have to admit the noise is not as loud as earlier, and I have not done anything to...

Furnace Blower Noisy [ 3 Answers ]

I just bought a house with a probably 50+ year old furnace. It is made by International Heater Company, Utica N.Y. It is 80,000 BTU and the house is 900 square feet. It works perfectly except when the blower comes on it is so noisy. Any remedy to cut out the noise. The repairman said old furnace...

Noisy Blower Motor [ 4 Answers ]

I had the 1 hp blower motor on my furnace/air conditioner replaced in December 2005. In the last 2 days, it has gotten extremely loud. It still works, but it sounds like there's an airplane in my basement. Any ideas about what could be going wrong? Is it something that can be fixed or will I...

Noisy blower [ 2 Answers ]

I have a gas furnace (Day and Night brand) that is about 25 years old. It heats fine but has an extremely noisy blower motor. It is a loud combination of thump, thump,thump with a lot of sheet metal noise. The blower is direct drive (no belt) and I cannot see without doing a complete...

Noisy blower startup [ 8 Answers ]

In mid-summer I had the blower motor and capacitor replaced in my Comfortmaker RPG II 150,000 BTU natural gas furnace. (The bearing was going out in the motor). This is a direct-drive squirrel cage blower. Since being replaced, it makes a loud 60hz hum startup noise. It varies in pitch as the...

View more questions Search