Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdefraia Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 08:36 AM
    Drain pipes for under slab foundation
    I know this question was partially answered already,but I would like to ask again as this will be new construction.As I plan my main drain under slab at 1/4" per foot is only one vent stack allowed coming off the drain or could there be another?Also I would like to know if pvc 40 and pex tubing is acceptable covered with gravel and then cement.Is the vent stack allowed to go out a gable wall and not through the roof?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 16, 2008, 08:41 AM
    No on the gable and yes you can have more than one vent if needed. Why are you needing to put PEX under the floor?
    cdefraia Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 08:51 AM
    It's a panelized house with all exposed beams and we are trying to eliminate as many box ins as possible for the plumbing.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 16, 2008, 08:53 AM
    Yes with burying both the sch 40 and PEX after covering with gravel.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing for slab foundation [ 6 Answers ]

I know little about plumbing, We are about pouring a slab foundation and all plumbing need to be done before pouring a slab. My question is does 4" pvc pipes must under dirt or can they be in the concrete beam itself? Thanks - tonya

Remodeling with Slab Foundation [ 1 Answers ]

I want to remodel my house with a slab foundation. To keep things simple I'm trying to re-use the existing plumbing & gas (in kitchen) connections. I also want to add a bathroom in what is currently the garage. It has laundry hook-ups for washer & dryer so I'm thinking I can use those, but I'm not...

Tub Overflow drain on a Slab Foundation [ 1 Answers ]

Hi there, I am currently in the process of remodeling a bathroom in a cottage set on a slab foundation. I discovered that by removing the standup shower and the waterheater that was next to it, I have enough room for a tub. The problem is that the main drain for the shower is not on the same...

View more questions Search