Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    slinogle59 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 08:19 AM
    Finger nail moons
    I am trying to find out what itmeans when your toe nail and finger nail moon get bigger and the nail is pale. The moons on my nails have increased to cover over half of my nails now. What causes that?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 19, 2008, 03:55 AM
    Overly large moons on nails usually indicated overactive thyroid. I once realized nail health is a good indication of how your general physical health is doing. I once had a doctor who looked at my nails closely every time I went into get a physical.

Your doctor can call up a thyroid test on bloodwork.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What do the moons on your fingernails mean? [ 14 Answers ]

Hay this may sound really weird:eek:... but I've been trying to find information on the moons on your fingernails:D . I'm not sure exactly what it means so can anyone out there help me please? I'm not sure if they are a good thing or not. :confused: Haylz

Finger Nail Infection [ 12 Answers ]

I think I have developed some kind infection in the fingernail of my left ring finger. The nail itself is not painful or discolored, but the skin along only the left side of the nail is very sore and tender and is red and slightly swollen, especially out closest to the tip of the finger, at the...

Moons rotation [ 14 Answers ]

I have a question about the rotation of the moon. Does the moon acually spin like the earth or does it just stand still, forever illuminating the sky with the same side that we see every night?

Moons of jupiter [ 1 Answers ]

Can I see the 4 moons of jupiter by a 30 mm telescope in thecity light?

View more questions Search