Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    johnthomas2273 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 08:02 AM
    Credit Card debt elderly retired mom dad in nursing home
    My dad is about to enter a nursing home with the assistance of medicaid. My mom will be seeling her house and has some equity in her house, but that is all she has, other than her fixed income check, to survive until it is her time to enter the retirement home. SHe is only 62. They have a line of credit on the house (which now that I am involved will be sold asap) and that line of credit (10k) will obviously be taken care of with the sale of the home. But the other 12K (and growing) debt will continue to accru late charges etc. until it goes to collection. What are her options, and what is the most financially effective option, to eliminate that debt?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2008, 08:28 AM
    The most financially effective option to eliminate the debt is to pay it.

She can wait until it is severely delinquent, and then try to obtain some type of settlement with the creditor. She can file bankruptcy.

I would suggest that if your plan is to sell the home, you do so very soon. If the creditor takes legal action, and gets a lien in place, then the sale of the home will not be allowed to take place without the judgment being paid.

She should speak to an attorney to determine the best course of action for her situation.
    datingroy Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Oct 13, 2010, 10:08 PM
    I am Ms Janet Gallo the Director General of ACTIVE COURIER Investment Plc a registered and certified Credit card loan lender and shipping company .I give out credit card Loans at 2.5 percent interest rate to those in need of credit card Loan.We
    Give out both Personal credit card Loans and Business credit card Loans.We give out Personal credit card Loans at the range of $1,000.00 to $100,000.00 while Business credit card Loans are given out from the range of $100,000.00 to $100,000,000.00.interested person should contact us via email at [email protected] with the following info.

Full Name:...
    Personal Phone Number:...
    Mobile Number...
    Address:...
    State:...
    Sex:...
    Age...
    Marital Status:...
    Loan amount needed
    Loan Duration...
    Monthly Income:...

Interested person`should contact us as soon as possible.No upfront fees is
    Needed in our company.

Thanks
    Sir.Roy Parker
    ACTIVE COURIER Investment plc
    [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Elderly mom cannot pay credit card debt [ 29 Answers ]

My mother, who is 95, has just received notice that a lawsuit is about to be initiated against her by a collection company who took over her Sear's account. She has no property, lives with me and only receives Social Security and a $50.00 pension check. Should I send a letter to the...

Elderly and credit card debt. [ 2 Answers ]

My mother is elderly, in poor health, and only income is social security. She has a large credit card debt (one card) and the company wants minimum payments of almost half her income. She has ask them to reduce tha payment, but they refuse. What can be done?

Elderly mom about to be sued, credit card debt [ 3 Answers ]

My mother is 94. She has dementia, is almost blind and deaf, has had cancer and numerous other medical problems. I am her only child and I am her only caregiver. She lives in my house. She has no property and her only income is her Social Security and a small pension of $50 a month. I paid her...

Can an Old Credit Card Debt force foreclosure on your home? [ 1 Answers ]

I received a document from the City Court that looks very frightening possibly alluding to foreclosure on my home for an old debt (I don't even know who the company is, I'm sure the original company sold the credit card debt long ago). My husband lost his job after 9/11 and was out of work for 4...

Sick elderly parents need help with old credit card debt [ 9 Answers ]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hello there. This is my first question on this website. Hopefully someone is able to guide me. My father is 74 and very ill and my mother is 70 with cancer. They were keeping up on their credit card payments...

View more questions Search