Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kathymariemoon Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2008, 06:56 AM
    After large rain water flows in under toilet.
    We are on a septic. After a large rain - 3 inches or more in a 8 hour period - the tub backs up with water (dirty) and clear water flows out from underneath the toilet. Is there anything we can do to resolve this problem. The downstairs bathroom is below ground. Thanks.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 16, 2008, 07:17 AM
    Sounds like you need a sump pump
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 16, 2008, 08:38 AM
    I am going to pass on the sump pump for now because your description has the water inside your septic system and not from the foundation. Your septic tank is becoming water logged and flooded. Is there any way for you to alter the drainage of the yard where the field tiles are located?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Low Water Pressure when turn on sink, then increases as the water flows. [ 7 Answers ]

Hello. First off, I know NOTHING about plumbing. Anyway, our kitchen sink has been acting up recently. When we first turn on the water after it has been off for a while, the pressure is low. Then suddenly, it kicks in to normal water pressure after say... 15-30 seconds after the water...

Toilet Bubbles After Rain [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, Today we had 9 inches of rain due to a Tropical Storm. It has rained constantly since this morning. When we finally made it home from work we noticed our two down stairs toilets would occasionly bubble up air. My wife decided to flush one and the water came up. After about an hour of...

Toilet troubles in the rain! [ 5 Answers ]

Our 4mnth old pup doesn't like the rain... he was toilet trained in drier times. Now that the rain has come (in spurts) I am finding litlle accidents around the place, usually in the laundry, on the balcony and under the cover of the patio. Aside from catching him in the act (almost impossible) and...

Toilet rises and bubbles when another toilet is flushed during heavy rain [ 1 Answers ]

Toilet rises, bubbles and partially empties itself when another toilet is flushed. The water drains fine from the flushed toilet. House is ranch stlyle on a slab and connected to a public sewer system. The toilets are not back to back, but about 10 feet apart in two separate rooms We had heavy...

Downstair Toilet Over flows [ 1 Answers ]

My downstairs toilet will over flow after we empty the bath tub, or after the washing mashine goes to the rinse cycle during full loads. My neighbors aren't experiencing this problem so I believe it may be specific to my home. Keep in mind that it only occurs when we drain large amounts of water...

View more questions Search