Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 17, 2008, 04:16 AM
    Yes, I was going to ask what would be a good way to do that...
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 17, 2008, 05:13 AM
    The altoid container is perflect. Get some craft paint, sand the metal a bit and paint your own design on it. You don't need the pills separated if you know what you take and when.
    Vision Expert

May 17, 2008, 05:16 AM
    I don't... I want them separated. That's kind of the whole premise, I have a bunch of new viamins..
    Vision Expert

May 17, 2008, 05:17 AM
    ANy ideas for creating sections? And do you think acrylic paint will stay on the tin without peeling or flaking?
    Expert

May 17, 2008, 05:53 AM
    Why didn't you say vitamins in the first place; then you wouldn't have had the responses about carrying meds around and laws regading it. Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh !

No, I can't possibly think of any way of separating a container that small to accommodate vitamin pills.
    Vision Expert

May 17, 2008, 05:55 AM
    All those responses were posted before I had the chance to respond. That's why I said this post isn't about pill laws...

I can't either, and that container would be perfect...
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 17, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    Why didnt you say vitamins in the first place; then you wouldnt have had the responses about carrying meds around and laws regading it. Sheeeeeeeeeeeesh !

No, I can't possibly think of any way of separating a container that small to accomodate vitamin pills.

The criticism has nothing to do with you - I asked that personal advice be taken off the legal board (and it was), posts were pulled and so I expected this.

(And it's not just International travel - if you get stopped with prescription drugs out of the container in more than a few States you can be charged with a crime. But enough of beating that dead horse... thanks for sharing the Diabetes story. If more people would come forward people who are newly diagnosed would take better care of themselves. There IS a life after the diagnosis.)
    Vision Expert

May 17, 2008, 06:00 AM
    I didn't take it personally. I just didn't think that pill laws were relevant to my question, especially since I didn't specify what sort of pills they were.
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 09:14 AM
    Hi CM,
    I was thinking maybe you could try this
    How to Make Your Own Pill Box - AOL Video
    And maybe attach the caps to your box so you have the compartments for pills.

Never tried this but I think an ice making tray has possibilities of a pill box.If you could cut off the cube shaped parts seperately(or maybe 4 of them) and then attach them inside a small altoid tin(or any other type of box? (random ideas in my head at the moment):)

EDIT::::::::
    Here is a wonderful idea-
    artEzan: Home Made Watercolour Bijou Box

Do you happen to have those old type audio cassette covers?I was thinking maybe that one has possibilities too.

This one has given me an idea.
    Maybe you could actually convert a chocolate box into a pill holder.
    I remember seeing a plastic box in the shape of a heart with compartments for each chocolate.This one wasn't very big either,it had just six chocos in them.
    Because Ordinary Pill Boxes Are Blah » Yanko Design
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Jun 3, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Fishing tackle boxes or boxes that they put screws in in hardware stores also in the notions department of a sewing department a lot of times thye have small boxes with different compartment... they come in various sizes. Then they could be decorated on the outside the way you wanted them to.
    Luv2Dance Posts: 56, Reputation: 7

Aug 7, 2008, 03:42 PM
    I don't know how many sections you need but I had bought one from Victoria's Secret.. which is super cute... with little "diamond" studs on it... and its small and I keep it in my purse... but it only has 3 sections in it when u open it... dunno if that helps at all.
    Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 03:50 PM
    Who would have thought 'pill holders' would go into four pages ! What is our world, as we know it, coming to.
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luv2Dance
    I don't know how many sections you need but I had bought one from Victoria's Secret..which is super cute...with little "diamond" studs on it...and its small and I keep it in my purse...but it only has 3 sections in it when u open it...dunno if that helps at all.

Oh my goodness, Momma - I had forgotten all about this. In retrospect our exchange(s) are almost funny - :D I guess I didn't know you very well then.

Can I go back and change my posts or is it too late - :)

Oh, well.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 04:22 PM
    Judy:

You can't possibly carry a 90 day supply of 25-30 medications or even a small bottle of 25-30 medications. When I went to the Bahama's, I did have each medication in a small zip lock bag ( 2" x 3") or so and labeled.

Injectables (Insulin etc) had their prescription label with the medication.

I do have a list with all my medications, by condition, when they are taken, doctors and insurance information with me as well. This list is given to each medical provider when it becomes necessary to update it.
    Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 04:33 PM
    I haven't travelled since becoming a diabetic, so I guess it will be a whole new ball game when I pack for Mexico next year. Any advice would be appreciated, of course.
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 05:11 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by KeepItSimpleStupid
    Judy:

You can't possibly carry a 90 day supply of 25-30 medications or even a small bottle of 25-30 medications. When I went to the Bahama's, I did have each medication in a small zip lock bag ( 2" x 3") or so and labled.

Injectables (Insulin etc) had thier prescription label with the medication.

I do have a list with all my medications, by condition, when they are taken, doctors and insurance information with me as well. This list is given to each medical provider when it becomes necessary to update it.

KISS: I've already explained my situation. I've already explained why you don't have to carry 90 pills in a bottle times the number of medications you take.

I'm glad you didn't get turned back at the border. We did. My husband was a Doctor of Pharmacy - he could explain anything anybody wanted to know about his medication, including why it was not in the original container. He could identify medications on sight. We got turned back at the Canadian border. They didn't much care what he knew or didn't know. He DID have insulin pens (in addition to his fast acting insulin) and those would have been allowed in as they were in the original packaging.

Otherwise everyone has to check with the agency that controls the border and decide how to proceed.

I wouldn't put all my faith in my experience and I wouldn't put all my faith in yours.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 14, 2008, 12:44 AM
    Thread is already old. Sufficient answers have been given. There is the risk of the thread going off track from the original question even more than it has already.

THREAD CLOSED.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Red color pill reached but no period - Birth control Pill [ 11 Answers ]

Hi All, I am on Birth Control Pills (Lutera- 28 pack one) since past 4-5 months. My periods start when I reach the 4th week, i.e when the red color pills start. According to this, my red color pill dosage started yesterday (Sunday) but my periods did not. Am I worrying too much since its been...

Tax for G-4 visa holders [ 1 Answers ]

My wife is G-4 visa holder (Dependent). She worked for a month and received around $2000 as salary. How should we file the taxes for that? Where should file taxes.

Death of both mortgage holders [ 1 Answers ]

My parents have both passed away within the past 3 months. We have continued to pay the mortgage so it remains current. What can we expect the mortgage company to do once they are notified that both people who took out the loan have passed away?

My mom has proplems with takeing pill like pain pill and stuff [ 6 Answers ]

I found this pill it is pink oval pill on one side it has a S on it the other side as numbers 8667 with a spilt line to.I would ask her but I don't want me not trusting her driving her back to them.I will trow the pill a way onces I find what it is so please help let me know if is is some kind of...

Looking for note holders [ 4 Answers ]

Hello everybody, I am a new member, looking for Note holders of Real Estate,Mobil homes,Trust Deeds etc. I need advice on the best way to find them. Thanks

View more questions Search