Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 16, 2008, 01:11 AM
    Dry Skin is ruining me
    I have really dry skin on my forehead, around my nose and on my chin. I do the usual wash, rinse, and moisturize routine twice daily. Yet once I put on my foundation, you can see all the dry skin. Its even worse with powder! How do I get rid of the dry skin and possibly find the best foundation for me?
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 16, 2008, 02:46 AM
    I sometimes suffer from dry skin in the winter.
    Exfoliate your skin gently. Use a gentle toner. Dove moisturiser is a good day time cream.
    Try to apply some extra virgin olive oil to the face at night. If you're worried about grease going on to the pillows, then apply the oil to damp skin and massage it in. It seems to soak in better that way.

For foundation, Clinique to some good ones for all skin types and the consultants there will help you find the right one for you.
    Vision Expert

May 16, 2008, 02:49 AM
    I do exfoliate. Every other day. I can try a new moisturizer, perhaps that is the issue.

Do you have a suggestion for a little cheaper foundation? I do my make-up shopping at the local drugstore.

May 16, 2008, 02:54 AM
    Rimmel have a foundation for dry skin called hydrasense. Hopefully they'll have your shade. :)
    Vision Expert

May 16, 2008, 02:56 AM
    Ok, thanks. Have you tried or know someone that has tried the dream matte mousse? My sissy swears by it, but I was wondering if it would be appropriate for my skin type.

May 16, 2008, 02:59 AM
    A friend of mine uses it but she has oily skin so it's probably left best to that skin type. :D
    Or you could test it on your jawline when you're next shopping and see how it feels for you. :)
    Vision Expert

May 16, 2008, 03:03 AM
    I have oily and dry skin, super fun!
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

May 19, 2008, 02:45 PM
    I've tried Dream Matte Mousse, and it works great for me. If you have dry skin I wouldn't recommend a powder as it probably would make your face look more dry. Clinique has a foundation for dry skin, they advertise it as "a foundation that thinks it's a moisturizer." If you're trying not to spend too much, then try an oil-free liquid foundation or pressed foundation.
    Vision Expert

May 19, 2008, 09:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegal
    I've tried Dream Matte Mousse, and it works great for me. If you have dry skin I wouldn't reccomend a powder as it probably would make your face look more dry. Clinique has a foundation for dry skin, they advertise it as "a foundation that thinks it's a moisturizer." If you're trying not to spend too much, then try an oil-free liquid foundation or pressed foundation.
    I have a mixed skin type, like I said, it's dry in places and oily in places. That's the reason I have so much trouble finding something that will work for me. I am currently used pressed foundation. It's what I'm having trouble with. I've tried almost everything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dog is ruining the house. [ 7 Answers ]

I got a dachshund dog for my mom. The previous owners said she is 1-2 yrs old. They told me she was house trained and was no problem... well, they lied. My mom has had her a week and everyday she is pooping and peeing in EVERY room of the house. She has also torn down and chewed on 4 blinds, knocks...

How do I get my hair dark again without ruining it? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello! I have naturally dark brown/black hair. For the past year I have gotten it dyed brown with blonde highlights. I now want to go back to my natural color. I want to dye it while it is growing out so the roots don't show as much. If I buy a box of brown dye from the store, will this make my...

My insecurities are ruining my relationship [ 7 Answers ]

I'm dating a wonderful man and we have been together almost a year. The problem is that I get upset about stupid little things. My feelings get hurt easily and I in turn act pouty and differently towards my boyfriend. This eventually turns into a fight. I've jeopardized his trust a number of...

My past is ruining my present. [ 19 Answers ]

I have been with my husband for about a year now but only married for a few weeks. He has always been insecure about my past…It's not pretty and I am not proud. I have my skeletons but I have always been honest and I want nothing more than his trust. He has always dug and always questioned, it...

MY EX is ruining my credit what can I do ? [ 2 Answers ]

When I divorced my ex in may 2003 we had a mobile home which was in my name only because they would not put it in his name, when I left him I said he could live in the trailor as long as he made the payments, in the divorce decree it states that I have a vested right to the mobile home if he gets...

View more questions Search