Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lephotorn Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 25, 2006, 08:26 AM
    Install Ms Office 2003
    I'm trying to install Ms Office 2003 on Windows XP platform. It can't work. It says "Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log files exists and is writable." How do I solve this problem.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Feb 25, 2006, 12:37 PM
    Do you have administrative rights on the laptop? - you may not have the user permissions to install software
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 25, 2006, 06:27 PM
    Where did you get the Office CD? Another possibility is you had an old version that wasn't removed completely. You may also need to update your Windows Installer utility.

Mar 1, 2006, 03:11 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    Where did you get the Office CD? Another possibility is you had an old version that wasn't removed completely. You may also need to update your Windows Installer utility.
    The cd is geniune. On some machines it works fine. It's only on my laptop. Is it not because of certain settings that needs to be altered? I'm desperate.:confused:
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Mar 1, 2006, 04:58 AM
    Are you sure you are pointing the installation to your hard drive? It sounds as if it's trying to install to an optical drive.

Mar 1, 2006, 06:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lephotorn
    The cd is geniune. On some machines it works fine. It's only on my laptop. Is it not because of certain settings that needs to be altered? I'm desperate.:confused:
    On some machines? Depending on which version you may not be licensed for more than 2 installs. Did you check for previous installs?
    SHAVED Posts: 275, Reputation: 41

Mar 1, 2006, 10:55 AM
    Hi,
    I do remember reading a similar thread in this forum early last year. The answer given by Wendy was successful. I hope Wendy can recall the thread.

Mar 1, 2006, 11:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    On some machines? Depending on which version you may not be licensed for more than 2 installs. Did you check for previous installs?
    I tried it on one of the desktops and it gave the same problem. :confused:

Mar 2, 2006, 06:27 AM
    Could be the CD is damaged.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Missing SKU112.CAB File for Office 2003 [ 11 Answers ]

Question Missing SKU112.CAB file Hi My Windows Installer keeps popping up and says I am missing this file. I cannot locate the CD for my Microsoft Office 2003 Standard Student & Teacher Edition That means, I cannot replace the missing file. However, I read that the CD doesn't have the file...

Problem installing Office 2003 SP2 [ 6 Answers ]

When I check the system properties on my computer (Dell Dimension 4600 w/Windows XP) it says Home Edition 2002, Service Pack 2 but when I try to download upgrades from Microsoft, I get a message that says "Office 2003 Security Pack 2 not installed". I've tried to download it several times but get...

Microsoft Office 2003 Professional [ 1 Answers ]

I have just installed a new master hard drive in my computer, and am attempting to install my copy of Microsoft Office 2003 Professional. Unfortunately, I've lost the serial number - no, really. I still have Office installed on the slave (used to be master) drive, and I'm wondering if there's...

Office 2003 password not saving! [ 1 Answers ]

Please, please, please help! Everything was fine until about a week ago, when my system was attacked by a virus, which shut it down although it failed to get it. Anyhow, I've cleaned and checked everything, and my AV & firewall have kept everything out, luckily. Except... ... my office 2003...

Office 2003 Needs To Close [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, every time I open a word document or anything from office 2003 a window opens saying that it has encountered a problem and needs to close. I already tried to repair it and re-install it but still the same. Any ideas for a fix? Windows xp. 1300mhz. 1024mb Thank you

View more questions Search