Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    2B4Ever Posts: 19, Reputation: 0

May 15, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Bridal Shower gift from the grooms mother
    My son is getting married in the end of August. What would you suggest to be a nice gift from her future mother in-law.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 15, 2008, 06:24 PM
    A nice bridal shower gift, hmmm. How about a framed, enlarged portrait of the two of them. It's personal and will last forever.
    ALLISONPRODUCE Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 06:28 PM
    That's a great gift. That's what my mother and law got me. And I love it. I cherish it and always will. It's a gift that's last forever.

May 20, 2008, 09:18 PM
    That is a good idea, The only thing is though they just handed out pictures of them together and gave as Christmas gifts. They are registered at Bath and Beyond,, but I just thought that being the mother IN-law , I would give something more personal.
    Maybe I am worrying too much?
    Pets Expert

May 20, 2008, 09:26 PM
    It is hard to get that "perfect" gift. Maybe some nice embroidered towels, I got some for a bridal shower gift from my Mother-in-law, extra large, extra fluffy towels with our names on them. He still uses mine all the time though. ;)

May 20, 2008, 09:47 PM
    I love that idea! Thanks so much!
    Pets Expert

May 20, 2008, 09:51 PM
    No problem, and congrats, have fun at the shower and at the wedding. :)

May 20, 2008, 09:53 PM
    Thanks, I may be back with more questions before it's all over.. lol
    Pets Expert

May 20, 2008, 09:56 PM
    That's what we're here for. :)
    j_troubadour Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

May 21, 2008, 12:07 PM
    You can try talking to her about it. Sometimes brides want something that they don't think anyone will get them. Ask her if there is something special you can get for the house or as your son if there is anything that she has talked about wanting but has not gotten.

May 21, 2008, 12:50 PM
    Yes that's true too. I will ask... Thanks!
    ang8318 Posts: 299, Reputation: 27

May 26, 2008, 06:30 PM
    My mother in law got us a gold door knocker with our last name and both of our initials on it... I will have it forever, we moved a year ago, and had to take it from our old house and put it on the door of our new home.
    The Mommie Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2012, 07:30 PM
    My son is getting married in November. I am getting them an old fashioned traditional gift of a Family Bible. Inside them is a page for the marriage certificate info, family tree info and the birth stats of their children (when they start a family). A gift for the bride could be a satin robe with her married name embroidered on it.
    Pets Expert

Sep 15, 2012, 07:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mommie View Post
    My son is getting married in November. I am getting them an old fashioned traditional gift of a Family Bible. Inside them is a page for the marriage certificate info, family tree info and the birth stats of their children (when they start a family). A gift for the bride could be a satin robe with her married name embroidered on it.
    That's a lovely idea. Sadly it's too late for this poster, as this thread was started in 2008.
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 17, 2012, 10:41 AM
    I would get them something from their registry. A photo is a nice idea but the frame you think is beautiful may clash with her tastes, etc. and she will feel that she needs to keep whatever you give her and display it forever. I've known many brides who received gifts they really appreciated and were touched to receive like hand-made items from their mother's in law but did not actually like the items and were in a bind. For example, one friend with very modern and simple taste received a country-style quilt made by hand for her bedroom. She felt so obligated to use it that she hated her own bedroom until her mother in law passed away. So, get her something she has personally chosen and you can't go wrong.
    Pets Expert

Sep 17, 2012, 11:10 PM
    Again, please look at the dates before posting. This thread is from 2008, the couple in question has already been married for 4 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bridal shower gift [ 4 Answers ]

I am hosting a bridal shower for the bride to be who is marrying the son of a good friend of mine. Am I supposed to also buy her a shower gift??

How to sign a bridal shower card appropriatly [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to figure out how to sign the bridal shower card for my future daughter in law... PLEASE HELP

Bridal shower thank you etiquette [ 4 Answers ]

Should the mother of the bride write thank you notes to the hostess of her daughter's bridal showers? >Moved from Forum Help<

Bridal Shower [ 2 Answers ]

Would it be weird to have a bridal shower at the same place where the wedding reception is held. It would be in a different room.

Bridal shower [ 3 Answers ]

What is the custom for a bridal shower. I know the mother of the bride is supposed to throw it. But my mother and sisters live in Florida, but my fiance's family and my friends live in New Jersey. Do I have two separate parties? Or should I have a party before the wedding when everyone is...

View more questions Search