Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sonador101 Posts: 298, Reputation: 14

May 15, 2008, 05:40 PM
    What I wear
    My mom does not make much money, so I don't have many new clothes. I know who I am has nothing to do with what I wear BUT I still what to look my very best for the upcoming school year, I need some tips to make my old wardrobe look snazy and cool and above all else ME! Here's mostly what I have
    Three pairs of ordinary jeans
    Boring old tennis shoes
    Some tee shirts mostly all one color but a few have sayings
    I have a few other things but you get the idea PLEASe I need creative help:confused:
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 16, 2008, 12:34 AM
    LAYER. Layer some tops. It's the best way to change up a small wardrobe!
    pixiepeel Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 07:04 PM
    Buy a pair of converse low top trainers, they make EVERY outfit look laid back but awesome, they go with skirts, jeans, even dresses to make them look indie or rock-ish. The plain tshirts are fine just buy some jewelerry to add detailing to your outfits, that way you won't spend too much money. Look in charity shops or on eBay for bundles of cheap jewlerry that you no nobody else with be wearing. And jeans are cool even if ordinary, keep the outfit low key and focus on the details, like I said jewlerry, and maybe do your hair and make up nice, and top it off with a big bag. A large leather one (you know in the style of nicole richie) so you can hold all your belongings, look super trendy, it will never go out of fashion and again its laid back with a bit of edge. Hope that helped!
    pixiepeel Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2008, 07:06 PM
    Oh and if worst comes to worst and you can't get anymore clothes then accersorize with what you have, buy some jewels (off ebay) and stick them on your tennis shoes, or tshirts, just customize, and make everything your own. Cut the jeans into shorts, or make them into a skirt. You can always ask your mom to help..
    Vision Expert

May 31, 2008, 07:07 PM
    I like the first idea with the accesorizing.

I would definitely ask a parent before adding jewels to clothes, and before cutting up the very little amount of clothes that you have.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 31, 2008, 07:09 PM
    When my older boys were young, our school shopping trip was a trip to the salvation army or goodwill. And guess what, they were the main "in" guys One can be surprised at what you can find, At almost no money.
    And things like patches ( where in back then) could be added, and other iems.
    Vision Expert

May 31, 2008, 07:13 PM
    I'm madly in love with thrift stores. You find the most unique things there, and I'm a crafty one, so I really like to alter clothes.

Thrfiting is a great idea.
    NotLaLa Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Jun 1, 2008, 11:36 AM
    I would second (third?) the answer about Goodwill and other thrift stores. You can get some great clothes for very little money. And if you want to cut up a pair of jeans and make a pair of shorts or alter it and make a skirt, a $2 pair of jeans would be OK.

Also, try mailing lists like freecycle.org -- it's like Craig's List but everything is free. Usually you have to go pick the stuff up, so they have different lists for different regions. But maybe someone in your area is giving away clothes in your size. And maybe someone else wants to get rid of a sewing machine, which you can use to do some alterations. And you can also add "Wanted" listings to freecycle (e.g. "WANTED: Juniors clothing size 5"), and maybe it will spark someone's memory of a bag of clothes their daughter has outgrown that is in the basement.

Good luck!
    firmbeliever Posts: 2,919, Reputation: 463
    Ultra Member

Jun 1, 2008, 02:03 PM
    For the T-shirts, I would add some bling.Buy some ordinary beads and do some beadwork on it.
    After you have worn this for sometime,you might like to take them off and sew in different coloured beads.

As others have mentioned thrift stores are a good idea.
    What you can do is get two different tops.Cut off about an 2-3 inches off the hem and add/sew this as a band on the sleeve or hem of another T-shirt/top.Surprise! You have a new top.
    And you can still use the top you cut off the hem,by layering that with another t-shirt or top.

Sew Yourself A Dressed Up Sweat Shirt Project
    Do-It-Yourself Fashion
    Step-by-Step: Remake a T-Shirt
    Tutorial: Indian Shisha (mirror) Embroidery » Joyful Abode

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ware House Lighting [ 1 Answers ]

I need to determine the volt value in a ware house that is 150' by 150' with an office space inside that is 40' by 125'. I need to determine how many lights to put in, the number of circuits and spacing between them. Thank you...

Spy ware doctor [ 6 Answers ]

I had spy ware doctor on my computer but now it won't open up but a little eindow pops up and all it is it has a button that says "send bug report" and I can't get out of it and I can't hit that button. I can't use spyware doctor. And my computer keeps messing up really bad. I need to know of...

Glass ware [ 5 Answers ]

I have a blue perfect mason jar--no lid------older Dr. Pepper glass bottle 6 1/2 oz 10-2-4 markings, liquor bottle half pint with clear shield and a liquor 1 pint with a clear heart on both sides. Trying to find values of these?

Sonar LE music soft ware or cakewalk for key boards [ 2 Answers ]

OK so like I got this soft ware caled sonarLE or cakewallk I need help with it , every time I put my keyboard in to the comouter threwe midi it will record but not with the sounds on my key board so you as you can tell I need help

View more questions Search