Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louis barrien Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 10:34 AM
    My furnace staying on with out firing
    Hi;Im new here. I'm from New York and I been doing my own work on my boilers for years anyway my dog had about 9 puppies and to make a long story short they attacked the boiler and popped up the relay box and ate up all the wires... I got rid of the dam dogs the sameday... I bought a new relay box and wired everything back.my problem now when I hit the switch on the wall the furnace comes on you hear it running but no fire I have to turn the main power switch off can some one help me please..
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

May 15, 2008, 12:17 PM
    Due to the possible damage to you or the equipment I suggest you get some ON SITE professional help. On a boiler there can be many wiring variations that we do not know exactly how it was wired originally.

Sometimes it is better to be safe than sorry. A wiring diagram should have come with the relay box and that can be a start if you really want to pursue the situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floor furnace:trouble w/pilot light staying on [ 1 Answers ]

Floor furnace: we replaced the gas regulator and thermocouple of a floor furnace because the pilot light would not stay lit. After testing on-off numerous times at the thermostat, the furnace seemed to function correctly; we would hear a click, then the burners would go on. We thought it was...

Furnace not staying on [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 10 year old Amana (GUD070X30B) , White-Rodgers 50A50-288 Control. The thermostat calls for heat, the gas turns on and runs for approx 15 minutes then the gas shuts off but the thermostat is still calling for heat. The inducer motor is still running and the diagnostic light is 3 Blinks...

Furnace only firing in one zone [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I have a digital thermostat and gas heat (forced hot air). When I turn the heat on upstairs, the blower only blows cool air. When I turn it on downstairs, it works normally. I checked the fuse box to see if a fuse had been tripped, but it was normal. What other simple steps can I take...

Furnace not staying on.. Only with thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, It seems if I cross the red/white wires my furnace will run all day but when I hook up a thermostat (programabel, non-prog, mercury.. etc etc, I have tried 7). It just won't keep the house warmer than 60 deg. It will turn on and off repeatedly and with some themostats just not work all...

View more questions Search