Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tracylei Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 10:29 AM
    How can I download a You Tube video into a PowerPoint?
    I'm making a PowerPoint presentation and would like to save a You Tube video in my files.
    KnowkOnWood Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 01:27 PM
    In the info box for the video there should be a code that says Embed:. I think all you need to do is copy it then paste it into the slide that you want it in
    KnowkOnWood Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 01:32 PM
    If what I said didn't work this YouTube video might help you

YouTube - Embed YouTube Video into PowerPoint 2007
    MayaLocke Posts: 51, Reputation: 3

Oct 19, 2009, 02:41 PM

To include a movie or video clip in a PowerPoint presentation, you simply click 'Insert', click on 'movies and sounds', then click 'movie from file'.

Keep in mind that PowerPoint only recognizes MP3, AVI and few other file formats so if you cannot add a video because it is FLV or some other unrecognized media type, then you simply download a video format converter, to convert the file to a recognized format.

More Info - PowerPoint Tips
    Joanaf Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 25, 2009, 07:35 PM

Commonly there are two steps for you to put a YouTube video in PowerPoint
    (1) Download the YouTube video to your computer first
    Download and save YouTube video as WMV or AVI format to your local drive using online conversion service or some software converter to do this.
    You may download a FREE YouTube downloader to download your favorite video movies, which is also FLV converter that allows you to convert your FLV video to other formats.
    http://www.flash-on-tv.com/free-youtube-downloader.html

Besides the tool above, here are some other recommended online converting websites. You may choose any one to work for you.
    vixy.net : Online FLV Converter : Download online videos direct to PC / iPod / PSP. It's free!
    Zamzar - Free online file conversion
    Media Converter - the fastest free online audio and video converter
    http://all2convert.com/download-video-youtube.html

(2) Insert the YouTube video to PowerPoint
    Go to Insert -> Movie –> "Movie from file" to embed the YouTube video in the slide you want if you have PowerPoint 2007.
    If you have PowerPoint 2003, select Insert menu, point to Movies and Sounds, and then click Movie from File.

For more details about how to do it, you can view this article:
    http://www.ppt-to-dvd.com/learningcenter/how-to-put-youtube-video-clip-to-your-powerpoint-presentations.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can't find a place where I can download this music video for iPod [ 6 Answers ]

The music video I am looking for is called "remember" and it is by Presence. Itunes doesn't have it. If I use limewire, I only get the video and not the sound. Google also doesn't have it to where you can download it. I can't find anyway to get this. And I want it on my iPod SO bad. If you...

I download a .avi that has video but no audio [ 1 Answers ]

I download a .avi that has video but no audio. I assume I need a .codec but I have no idea how to figure out which one. Any help would be appreciated.

Powerpoint to video [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there! I wonder if there is the best way to convert Powerpoint presentation files to video. I was told that Presentation to Video Converter 1.2 http://www.geovid.com/Presentation_to_Video_Converter/ Gives a very good quality. Any suggestions appreciated Cheers!

Powerpoint [ 3 Answers ]

I know how to insert a CD track into a powerpoint but can only get it to play on my computer while the CD is in my computer. Is there any way to save the file and send the powerpoint with the music?

View more questions Search