Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonya0524 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 10:13 AM
    Return a NEW car if body work is not satisfactory
    I recently purchased a new car. The car was covered in pollen when I bought it and I asked if they could at least rinse it off before we leave. They said they would detail it for us so should bring it back in a few days. The next day it rained and rinsed off the pollen. We noticed a couple of imperfections. One place looked like it could be buffed out but the other was a door ding that would need body work. I immediately too it up to the dealership and showed it to them. They said I would need to deal with my salesman but he was not there. The next day I called back and talked to my salesman and he said he would try and get it scheduled for body work. I waited several days and called them back. Again, he was not there. The guy I spoke to said to bring it over the following day and drop it off. So I did. 6 days later, they called and said it was ready. I went to pick it up and there was a large spot of paint that did not match the rest of the door where the ding use to be. I told them it was unacceptable and they agreed to keep it and fix it.
    After all that, my questions is if they can't get it matched to look like the new car that it is then can I insist they find me another car?
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2008, 10:18 AM
    The chance of getting a different car I would guess will be slim to none.

At this point, I'm surprised that they are even attempting to fix the door ding, that could have happened after you drove off the lot, no real way to tell.

I would continue to be real nice when talking to them, and just keep insisting that they fix it to your satisfaction. If you are rude, or too demanding, they may just cut you loose since there would be no way to prove when that door ding got there to begin with.

Oh, and if you are getting any other promises from them, make sure that it is put in writing and make sure you can read the name of the person
    Who puts it in writing for you.

Good Luck!
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

May 15, 2008, 03:36 PM
    Caveat emptor! Depending on the state you live in, if they don't fix it satisfactorily on 3 tries, I believe they have to give you a new car. Lemon Law--if you have it? Or does it just aplly to mechanical problems? Worth checking into. Also, factory rep might be interested.

I think they had it planned to conceal the damage with the pollen. Every new car dealer I see, washes the cars frequently. Thanks for letting us know. One more item to add to the list of tricks car dealers have up their sleeves.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 15, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Ok, first if this is a NEW car, not a newer used car, they are lying to you, you need to talk to the service manager not a salesman, all he will do is try to not fix it for a long enough time that they will say you are responsible for it.

Go and see the owner or general manager of the dealership, if not check on a complaint procedure with a regional manager

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Workmans Comp Return to Work [ 2 Answers ]

My son-in-law is currently on Workmans comp. He is considering leaving the company altogether and going back to school instead. If he does not return to his current employer, will he have to pay back any of the money he has already collected?

A kid in a fantasy world tries to wake up and return to his body [ 2 Answers ]

So-an OLD series from way back.Heres what I remember: -this kid is in some sort of a drema world and constantly tries to find a way to "wake up" and return to his body and his parents. Any ideas?

Return air in a/c does not work [ 1 Answers ]

My Return air vent does not work. The a/c works well but since the return is not working, it takes so long to get the house to cool. Anybi=ody have any solution pleaseeeeeee..

Sate tax return if work out of state [ 2 Answers ]

My company is in PA. I work in DC and I live in VA. My employer is not taking any state tax from me. It is my own responsibility to pay the state tax. Which state I should file my state tax and how often I have to file that one. If you can also provide me the name of the form that I need to submit...

View more questions Search