Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arttheappraiser Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 10:07 AM
    Ballot return to HOA member ?
    Can an HOA member ask for the return of a ballot [two envelope system] previously mailed to the management company BEFORE the ballots are opened? Is this return precluded by state law in California? If so, what is the law?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 16, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Hello art:

There aren't laws to cover every possible occurrence. I'm sure there are no laws that cover this...

If you voted AND MAILED your ballot, the ballot belongs to the people who you mailed it to - NOT YOU. Do they have to give you THEIR property?? NO.

excon
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2008, 03:47 PM
    I believe the ballot became final when the postmark was applied. However, having been an HOA board member (not in CA) I believe the directors of you HOA have the authority to rule on this request. My HOA had the power to write the by-laws, which set forth voting procedures.
    If the deadline for receipt of ballots has passed, it would be a definite no.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 16, 2008, 06:39 PM
    As noted it can be returned only if the board will agree to return it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Average rate of return, net present value, internal rate of return, & payback period [ 3 Answers ]

CAM Company is evaluating a project requiring a capital expenditure of $619,200. The project has an estimated life of four years and no salvage value. The estimated net income and net cash flow from the project are as follows: Year Net Income ...

How long does it normally take for a family member to adopt another family member [ 6 Answers ]

:confused: I am in the process of adopting my nephew. I have had him since he was born and started the adoption in 05 I did home study, background check, etc in first year. Two years later I got transfer of custody. It is now going on the third year and the adoption is still not final. How long...

Filing status different for Federal return and State return [ 1 Answers ]

Can I use a different filing status for Federal and State? I got married in October last year, but I and my wife were residing in separate states till early 2007. So, on Dec 31st we were married but did not stay together. For the state I guess we cannot file JOINT because of different states....

Return on Assets & Return on Equity [ 1 Answers ]

Question... Lily Cosmetics has annual sales of $500,000,000. They maintain a net after tax profit margin of 5% and they have a sales-to-assets ratio of 4. A) What is the Return on assets? B) If the debt/equity ratio is 0.5, what is the Return on Equity?

View more questions Search