Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dorf1111 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2006, 10:03 PM
    Help with log splitter
    I'm attempting to build a log splitter. I finally got it all assembled and it works great but seems very slow. I have a briggs 5 hp motor, Haldex 11 gpm pump, cross 2500 psi valve and a lion 4x24 cylinder. I think the problem is the pump. Although it is a 2 stage it starts on the first stage and gets about 2 inches (very fast) and then slows down to second stage even under no load pushing and pulling. I placed my filter on the suction side of the pump which I know can be a problem, but I went to tractor supply when I started building this and they all seem to have them on the suction side. Any idea what I should be looking for?
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2006, 11:18 AM
    What controls the switch to the second stage? Is it adjustable? Did the directions for the pump say anything about how to adjust it?

Feb 25, 2006, 11:32 AM
    I bought the pump new on eBay and it didn't come with any directions. I then went to the haldex website, found my pump and the only thing it said was that it operates on its first stage up to 650 psi then kicks in the second stage. If I can't figure this out it try calling their support center.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 25, 2006, 11:47 AM
    Do you have a gage on the system so you can see what is happening? Also a pressure relief valve that will open below the maximum operating rating for all the components?

Feb 25, 2006, 12:25 PM
    I don't have a gauge, probably need to get one. All the equipment should have built in relief valves. I know the valve and filter does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dual Monitors Adapter/Splitter [ 4 Answers ]

I have two PC monitors, and wish to connect them to one computer. I need a monitor splitter to do the job. However, I don't just want the ones that show the exat same images on the two monitors, but the ones I can use them seprately. In other words, I want to be able to do different things on the...

Video files splitter... [ 2 Answers ]

Any advice from you guys... before I'm using virtualdub 1.3c/1.4c, nandub, virtualdubmod in cutting video files... now a days some new format I guess coming out... so these video can't cut nor open using virtual, even those video files that I can cut and open before, now there some error...

View more questions Search