Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bobbysbobcat Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 06:01 AM
    Ultrasound needed but medicad hold up

I am 38 weeks and i have not felt my baby move in the last 36 hours. I would like to have another sono just to make sure everything is ok , because with my 1st born they found out early that my uterus was not growing with my baby it was 2 -3 weeks behind what should i do? Not to mention the dr. thinks i am only 35weeks i am on medicad so they limit what you can have done? Help
    Meredithtop Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 06:20 AM
    I would say schedule it. You can always call medicaid or healthy start and expalain. A lot of times, medicaid will still pay for services while you were on "hold"
    passmeby Posts: 473, Reputation: 11

May 15, 2008, 06:24 AM
    First, check to see if there's any charities in your area for pregnant women. Call the Health Dept or WIC office, they could probably tell you right away if there is anyone who could help. In my area, there's a few charities that are anti-abortion that offer free ultrasounds to any woman, no paperwork or money needed. If there is nothing like that available to you, you should go to the ER. If your baby has stopped moving as usual, it could signal a problem and it's better to be safe than sorry. At the ER, they will probably send you to labor and delivery where they will do some testing for you to make sure everything is OK.

Please, if you're worried, just go to the ER if there's no other help! 36 hrs is a long time to go by with no movement. It would be horrible for something to happen to the baby just because Medicaid is being slow. The ER will absolutely have to help you, they can't turn you away because you can't pay or anything. Don't worry about that now, just worry about the baby!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Honeywell Chromotherm III thermostat reads Hold AC and will not Hold Heat [ 2 Answers ]

Chromotherm III thermostat reads Hold AC and will not Hold Heat--reverts back to Hold AC when run program is pushed.

Ultrasound ?s [ 19 Answers ]

Hi I am 16 weeks pregnant with my third child and they did an ultrasound but to early to find out what it is now I don't go to the docs until I'm 20 weeks but I really want to know are they any way to tell I got 2 boys so if this is a girl I need to get prepared for it what should I do??

Confused about my ultrasound [ 1 Answers ]

I had an ultrasound yesterday for a breast lump. I'm 23, lump moves, and I have very dense breast tissue. They said they were doing an ultrasound because of the dense tissue. Afterwards, the tech told me that the radiologist said that I didn't need to have a mammogram that day. She said that he...

21 week ultrasound [ 3 Answers ]

I went for my 21 week ultrasound yesterday. When we got to the part where she was going to tell us the gender, the baby was turned and legs crossed... She went on to say quote " there is a absent of penis and scrotum, so its a girl." My question is should I get trust that? I have had three girls...

Getting an ultrasound. [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a way that you can go some place just to get an u/s? I really like my doctor and I don't want to go behind his back, but he only does an u/s at 20weeks. I'm 12 weeks and there is a possibility I might be having twins and I would really like to know for sure. I don't know if I can go to an...

View more questions Search