Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddixon100 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 02:15 AM
    GE Dishwasher doesn't drain completely
    I have a new GE dishwasher (4 mo. Old) and it fails to drain completely leaving about a half inch of water in the bottom after the dry cycle is completed. On investigation I noted that the installer hooked up the supply to cold water. I'll change that over to hot right away but I suspect the drain problem is independent. Is there something I can check first before I call the serviceman?

David
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

May 15, 2008, 04:19 AM
    Questions:
    1. Was an air gap installed?
    FaucetDepot.com - Delta 72020-SS Classic Dishwasher Air Gap Brilliance Stainless

2. Does the dishwasher drain go way overhead before it enters the trap?

1 or 2 must happen.

3. Garbage disposal?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dishwasher will not completely empty water at end of cycle [ 3 Answers ]

After remodelling kitchen and moving the dishwasher it will not completely empty the water at the end of the cycle.

Dishwasher Drain [ 12 Answers ]

I just moved into a new condo and my dishwasher will not drain there are four conections under my sink one goes to the sink its self the other one goes to my fridge the other two I have no idea about and I really need my dishwasher. If someone has any ideas what to do to help help me.

Dishwasher won't Drain [ 2 Answers ]

I have a GE profile dishwasher. The repairman has been to my house 3 times. The first time he cleaned the filter. The second time he said it needed a new pump and the third time he came to install the pump. He then left and the dishwasher completed the cycle buy the water remained. I took matters...

Dishwasher won't drain [ 3 Answers ]

Sears Kenmore Canadian 615.13492 Drain line/hose is free and clear, as are undersink pipes (air lock) 4 wire harness into motor, so it's a reversing motor for pump out.

View more questions Search