Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mbrt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Increasing pump output flow rate
    I have a waterfall in my pool that runs off my main pool pump via a diverter valve. Is there anything I can do to increase flow rate over my waterfall? When the diverter valve is opened it allows water over the waterfall while still filtering water through the skimmers. With the diverter valve closed the waterfall is disabled and the pool water continues to be filtered. The diverter valve can be positioned to enable anywhere between a trickle and full flow over the waterfall.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

May 15, 2008, 01:41 PM
    If your diverter is fully opened and sized to the piping you have there isn't any way to increase the volume of water. Is the diverter sized to the pipe or smaller?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Increasing the water flow of a Moen shower head [ 5 Answers ]

I have just installed new bathroom fixtures, Moen brand. I have tried to increase the pressure of the shower head. I have taken out the O ring in the top and I have unscrewed the face of the head. I have not been able to remove the head or remove the plastic in the neck. I don't want to break it...

Water flow rate for a given pressure [ 3 Answers ]

For a one half inch cooper pipe, what is the flow rate with a water pressure of 55 pounds per square inch?

Water pressure/flow rate [ 8 Answers ]

Can water pressure be estimated from flow rate from a known size of pipe. I`m in the UK so metric units would be best for me Many thanks Michael

Increasing Hot Water flow in Shower [ 8 Answers ]

I am in a 4 year old home. The County Inspectors had done something in the kids' bath that only allowed lukewarm water to flow in the shower. Understand that this was done to prevent scalding water to flow on to the kids. I believe this is something to do with the Flow Valve or Cartridge or...

Will increase in pump intake pipe size, increase flow rate? [ 1 Answers ]

At my cabin I use a 12 volt Flojet pump to pump water from the lake to the cabin. I am using 1/2 inch plastic pipe for the intake and outlet on the pump. Would I see an increase in water flow if I increase the size of the pipe going from the lake to the pump to 3/4 plastic

View more questions Search