Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tina1989 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 02:18 PM
    This confusses me could I still f had a period
    Hiya can anyone help me by ansering my question I am currently 22 weeks pregnant but could I still have had a period at the beginning of my pregnancy?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

May 15, 2008, 01:59 AM
    Yes... although it wouldn't technically be a period. Some women will have some bleeding, often at the time of their usual period, early in pregnancy. Some will have it continue into the pregnancy. Certainly any bleeding should be checked out to be sure of the cause as there are a number of reasons for spotting or bleeding in pregnancy... some are benign, some would merit medical intervention.

May 15, 2008, 12:30 PM
    But the dates would be wrong if before my period wouldn't they? I'd be further on in pregnancy?
    Uber Member

May 15, 2008, 01:51 PM
    It depends... how far along you are is often figured from the first day of your last period... this is the gestational age. While it is often what is used for determining due dates, it is not exact since it usually it not known the exact date of conception. This is also why you have a 2 week window before and after your due date for what would be a normal delivery (many doctors and midwives now consider 3 weeks before term). Another concern with dating from the last period is that some women will have some bleeding early on, often around the time of their usual period and may mistake it for such. Because of these variations, a scan is often given to take measurements and give a more likely due date. If you have had a scan, go by that... but keep in mind, once again it is not an exact science and you still have that window for a "normal" time frame of giving birth. Very few babies are born on their due dates and women do not have an exact number of days gestation... better to say you are due "about mid September" instead of a specific date, for example.

May 16, 2008, 12:48 AM
    My last period all works out so that was the 1st week as its counted and works out exactly the same as the midwife worked it all out to the same I got it and the scan was the same as well so is it still possible none r rite?
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

May 16, 2008, 08:07 AM
    When the dr measures your stomach in the office it generally equals how far you are in weeks. Did they do an ultrasound and do measurements? If they are getting the same results from both of these then they are going to be pretty much right. I wouldn't worry if they are the same. I didn't know exactly when my last period was with my first child and they did the measurements both ways and I ended up having my daughter just 5 hours before my actual due date. They know what they are doing that's why they are doctors.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 16, 2008, 09:35 AM
    I saw these statistics once, don't remember were though;

45% of babies are born 2 weeks before the due date.
    45% of babies are born 2 weeks after the due date.
    10% of babies are born on the due date.

It's not an exact science, no one can tell you the exact day your child will be born. Just sit back and enjoy your pregnancy, your baby will come when it's ready.

Good Luck.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 16, 2008, 09:40 AM
    Why are you asking? Are you just concerned about your due date falling, for example, on a holiday?

May 16, 2008, 11:16 AM
    I think she's not wanting the date to be right... Is there some confusion as to who it belongs to and you don't want the date to be the one you are getting?? Pretty much as we have all said that they know what they are doing, they can't give you an exact date all they can do is give you an approximate date when figured out from your last period and the measurements, so they are probably pretty close to the date especially if all your things are adding up to around the same time. Something else to think about, I was told that when you get pregnant you are already considered to be 2 weeks along do to when the conception taked place. Kind of confusing but that's what was said to me.

May 16, 2008, 01:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tina1989
    hiya can anyone help me by ansering my question i am currently 22 weeks pregnant but could i still have had a period at the begining of my pregnancy?
    No its just sumet that confussed me and the date I got isn't a happy day for me that's all soi hope my bby is born away from it
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

May 16, 2008, 02:13 PM
    Talk with your doctor. You may be able to schedule inducement for a different day.
    Uber Member

May 16, 2008, 02:46 PM
    Odds are in your favor that baby won't come on that particular date... if this is your first, even more likely you will go passed your due date.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 16, 2008, 07:12 PM
    Don't worry, it's unlikely that your baby will be born on it's "due date", out of all the people I know I'm the only one that has had a child born on her "due date", it's not very common. Just relax and enjoy your pregnancy, whatever happens will happen no matter what, stop stressing about it, this is a wonderful time, enjoy it! :)

May 17, 2008, 05:00 AM
    Just because they gave you that date doesn't mean that's the exact date you will have the baby. Its just an estimate as to about when you are due. You never know what could happen between now and then. My son was 2 weeks early and my daughter the night before my due date. My nephew was 6 days late. You just never know and maybe then this will make you forget whatever bad that date is and make it a happy date instead. Good luck either way!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I had unprotected sex 3 days before I started my period but my period came 7days earl [ 9 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex then 3 days later I started my period when I wasn't supposed to for about another week. Is it possible I could be pregnant?:confused:

My period one month late from privious period and hcg test is negative.why? [ 12 Answers ]

Hi all, I missed my periods since 2 months back. That means I had my starting period on 22 feb and from that day now today is 20 April, I have no period. Hcg test is negative. Is there any chance to get pregnant? If any one faced the same problem please share own experience. Before these problem...

I got my period on February 15 ,I didn't get period on march and April [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I got period in February 15 2008,I don't get period in march and April but I am getting white discharge some time more

My period is a week delayed now.'used to have regular period, what does it mean? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 24 yrs old, I had my period last month, but this month, it's almost 2 weeks delayed.. and I never had any sexual intercourse this month nor last month.I had my last sexual intercourse, 2 weeks before my period last month.im scared to buy a test kit because, I don't know if I'm pregnant......

View more questions Search