Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davejag Posts: 308, Reputation: 5

May 14, 2008, 01:51 PM
    I feel the urge to push when in the bathroom
    I have a lot of pressure in my pelvic area before and after using the bathroom, sometimes it feels like I can't even urinate because of the pressure. For the last few ours I feel like I have the urge to push when I use the washroom, but only if I use the washroom not when I am sitting on the couch. The baby has dropped but as of last week I had not dilated, my DR appointment is tomorrow. I can't really tell the difference between BH and contractions, my tummy does harden when I get up or go to the bathroom or sit up strait. Does anyone know if this is normal? Is the baby just moving further down and putting pressure on everything down south?
    booboobear Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 01:53 PM
    How far along are you... if you are getting close to your due date its possible baby is just moving into position maybe getting ready? But it just depends on how far along...

May 14, 2008, 01:59 PM
    38 weeks and 2 days sorry I should have added that in
    unsworth Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 02:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by davejag
    I have a lot of pressure in my pelvic area before and after using the bathroom, sometimes it feels like I can't even urinate because of the pressure. For the last few ours I feel like I have the urge to push when I use the washroom, but only if I use the washroom not when I am sitting on the couch. The baby has dropped but as of last week I had not dilated, my DR appointment is tomorrow. I can't really tell the difference between BH and contractions, my tummy does harden when I get up or go to the bathroom or sit up strait. Does anyone know if this is normal? Is the baby just moving further down and putting pressure on everything down south?
    yes this s normal try not to worry baby just moveing down I no its very uncumfortable, have had five chidren so I no how you are feeling the pressure is not very nice but look at it this way it won't be to long now so don't worry love x carol
    booboobear Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 02:10 PM
    Yup this is normally and all women have different symptoms. I'd let my doc know tomorrow just to be safe but baby's just getting ready... so no worries mommy just try to do all that relaxes you

;}
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 14, 2008, 04:58 PM
    If you feel the urge to push, you NEED to be calling your doctor.

May 14, 2008, 06:33 PM
    I did this afternoon and he said well come in tomorrow unless you begin to bleed, he thinks my UTI has returned. I have been counting what I believe are contractions and been writing them down, they don't seem regular to me at this point in time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fighting the Urge to Run to Him [ 17 Answers ]

So it's been a month (yesterday... ) I am doing all the right things... keeping relatively busy... hanging with friends (I am super-fortunate to have great ones.) Even quasi-dating a new guy. Seeing a counselor, reading helpful books... etc... Basically, anything I can do to try to help myself...

Urge for blood [ 1 Answers ]

:( I always cut myself just so I can get blood to taste what shuold I do

This frequent urge to urinate [ 2 Answers ]

On January 18th 2007 I was stuck in a situation I could not get out of . I had to hold my urine. For a long time. Like 2 hours. The last hour was hard, the last 30 minutes was very painful. Since then I have had this frequent urge to urinate. Sometimes I would urinate 10-15 times a day. I have...

Urge To Pee During Intercourse [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem when I am having sexual intercourse or even oral stimulation with my husband I feel as though I have to pee and it distracts me and I can't enjoy myself because the whole time I am trying to not to pee. I always use the bathroom before and after sexual intercourse and I have...

View more questions Search