Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

May 14, 2008, 10:32 AM
    Pregnancy after depo shot?
    I stopped taking the depo shot September of 06 and still haven't gotten pregnant yet. Not for lack of trying, but just isn't working! Am getting frustrated and discouraged.:(
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

May 14, 2008, 11:30 AM
    Don't get discouraged. Getting pregnant takes some time. It varies from woman to woman. If you are truly concerned, take a visit to the doctor and find out why you aren't getting pregnant right now, and what you can do to increase your chances.
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

May 15, 2008, 09:39 AM
    I went to the dr in aug last year and they put me on 2 months of pills to regulate my period and said that when I was done with those I should have no problem getting pregnant. I had normal periods for 2 cycles and then they just went hay wire from there. This last one I had was 3 weeks long and sometimes I still find spotting. I never had these problems with my first two kids. My son only took us 3 months to conceive. That was before I started the shot. Seems like that has screwed up everything!! (I also have a dr appt next week.) should I ask about taking clomid? I read a few posts and looked it up on webmd. It seems to work but I'm wondering if medicaid will cover the cost of it would this be an out of pocket expense?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 15, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Depo Provera can take quite a while before it is entirely out of your system. Most doctors say that it is hard to get pregnant for the first 18 months after stopping depo and may take as long as 24 months, depending upon how long it was used.

As for the clomid, no, Medicaid will not pay for clomid, it will be an out-of-pocket expense as it is not a medication that is taken to sustain your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Depo shot [ 3 Answers ]

So.. I am 14 about to be 15 in 5 days and me and my boyfriend want a baby. I don't need put downs people I juss need advice. We have had a miscarriage cz the baby grew in the wrong tube but, my mom made me get on the depo-shot and I have been on it for about 4 months and I go back for my next...

Depo shot-Pregnancy? [ 1 Answers ]

I have currently been on the depo shot for a year. Between my 3 children, I have been on the shot a total of about 12 years. It has always worked well for me. However, I have been spotting for the last 13 days. Usually, I have no sign of a period. Never have any spotting. I took a home...

Depo shot [ 5 Answers ]

I have been on and off the depo shot for the last 2 years. I am 34 years old and we really want to get pregnant. I know age has a factor along with being on the shot. I am going to see the ob Dr. Is there anything you can take to speed up the process?:confused: :confused:

Depo shot [ 1 Answers ]

How long do you have too be off the shot before you try too get pregnant?

View more questions Search