Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    newlablover Posts: 120, Reputation: 10

May 14, 2008, 10:30 AM
    Lab pup has worms!
    Have a lab pup that is about 4 months old. I got him from the newspaper and noticed that he has worms. I bought a medication from meijers that took care of some nasty long white worms and now I am noticing small ones that are about an inch long and kind of a clear white color. What are these? Did the medication not take care of this kind or are they baby ones?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2008, 11:17 AM
    Take him to a vet and get him checked out. That is if you want a happy healthy dog. Depending on what part of the country you live in, he also needs to be checked for heart worm.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2008, 11:25 AM
    More than likely he you did not get the right type of medicine. Although you can buy medicine to treat all types of worms. Honestly it would be best if you let the vet do a stool sample or called and asked if you could bring a sample of his stool in or the worms themselves to see what type he has. It may be possible that he has more than one kind .Intestinal Worms in Dogs and Cats at ThePetCenter.com
    plonak Posts: 742, Reputation: 117

May 14, 2008, 11:55 AM
    It's tape worms, very common for new pups. Get him de-wormed..
    lizrob12 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 15, 2008, 09:31 AM
    You need to contact your vet and he/she will give you a med that works. My puppy lab puppy also had worms when we brought him home the meds the vet gave us cleared them up right away. Your vet will want a stool sample when you go...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The worms turn, but that [ 6 Answers ]

“As Super Tuesday looms - and the possibility that McCain could all but wrap up the nomination - the chattering conservative class is in an uproar. Talk show host Rush Limbaugh has warned that McCain as standard-bearer would destroy the Republican Party. Author and pundit Ann Coulter, in...

Web worms (bag worms) everywhere [ 3 Answers ]

My neighbor's tree is full of web worms, I think they are also called bag worms. These fuzzy little worms, they're caterpillars really, drop onto my deck and are eating everything in sight. They don't make the web-like encasements, but they are killing my potted plants; mandevilla, vinca, mint,...

Worms [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: My daughter needs to know if worms are reptiles. I have no clue, so if anyone could shed some light on the subject, I would appreciate it. Thanks for your time. :)

Worms [ 3 Answers ]

This is my first dog... I let her out her cage tonight and when she pooped, her poop had worms in it... where did it come from and I don't know I'm just grossed out... im taking her to the vet tomorrow... help!do anyone have any information?

Worms 1 With Xp [ 1 Answers ]

I just feel like playing Worms on my computer. Find back CD, install it without problems. Then I can't run it. Does anyone know how to run it with Windows XP?

View more questions Search