Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tobiasfoxx Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 09:13 AM
    80's Anime
    I need identification for an anime I saw about 15 years ago. It was done in a style similar to that displayed in "Heavy Metal". The main character was a female (scantily dressed if I recall correctly), with a sword on her hip. One of the main scenes I recall has her sitting in a dark bar. She ordered a drink of some kind and took a table, watching the other patrons carefully. Two or three of them decide to bother her, and she unlatches the catch on her sword. All of them appear human, in my memory, though that is notoriously shoddy. I believe one of them pulls a weapon of some sort and she knocks the table over, then slashes them. I'm not sure quite how she kills the others, but the first one she slashes his throat. I recall very vividly that their blood was green (low possibility it may have been blue) which is one of the main reasons I remember the scene since it confused me that they would have green blood. I think the bartender may have had a pig snout, as may her attackers. Another thing I recall quite clearly is that she had a pet/companion creature. It was a very large bird. It appeared to be immature, like a giant chick, rather than, say, like a full grown eagle or something. I think it had purple feathers. The only other scene I recall clearly, is at the end of the film, they show a farmhouse at night. Two stories, back porch, that kind of thing. The bird flies down out of the sky and cooes, and a little girl clicks on her bedroom light and looks out. She sees the bird and runs downstairs and outside, then runs over to the bird and hugs it. I think the main character died.
    I'm not certain exactly how helpful the information I've provided is. I'm not even sure when the film was made or anything. My age still numbered in the 1 digits back then, and it was quite the revolutionary film for me. I would be very appreciative to have this film identified so that I can hunt it down and watch again the film that introduced me to anime.

Edit: A friend of mine recently showed me the full Heavy Metal film, and I think that may be the one I saw. I'm not quite certain. There are parts of it that are rather similar to my memory, but not quite. The flying creature looked more like an overgrown chocobo I'm pretty sure than the teradactyl thing in Heavy Metal.
    baronvoncloudy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2009, 12:39 AM
    Heavy metal 2000?
    Tizera Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2010, 01:02 PM

Yes this is definitely Heavy Metal, the first one

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's anime style movie [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've been looking for a movie that was on either showtime or hbo in the mid 1980's. It was about a brother and sister that looked human, but they had wings. The other main character was human, in his late teens and was selected to pilot this robot that looked similar in style to Voltron. ...

Identify old 80's anime movie [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, I'm not a huge anime fan, but recently I've been getting these flashes of memory of an old anime movie I used to own on VHS when I was 6 or 7. I doubt it's a very good film but it holds quite powerful memories of when I was a nipper so I'd love to locate it. I can remember quite a lot...

Anime from Early 80's [ 1 Answers ]

I recall a movie I saw possibly early 80's , Envolved Orcs and Golbins and Humanoid creatures fighting in what looks to be a mixed Middleages post apocolyptic setting and ends with one army using guns and the others still using Hand weapons and I do recall the army with the guns possibly being...

Manga or anime movie - 80's or 90's [ 1 Answers ]

My question is concerning a movie that could very well be a Manga or anime full length film. I had to of been about 8-10 years old (in my early 20s now) It was a cartoon for sure. It was about a young boy who lived under water and was in love with a princess (I think) and he couldn't be...

80's anime? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am trying to find out the name of an anime movie/TV show I saw as a child. I vaguely remember that it was fantasy style, about a girl with wings and a boy. She became leader of her people when she and the boy became one body when the stars or planets were in a certain alignment, and they...

View more questions Search