Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Empowered1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 14, 2008, 08:58 AM
    25 years of red dye on silver hair
    I've been coloring my hair every 3-4 weeks all my life and want to let my natural silver hair show. I'm 56, tired of coloring and at this age my hair is 75% silver. What can I do to safely strip my hair of all the old color and condition afterward. I have let my hair grow to shoulder length because I figured that it would need to be cut afterward, due to stripping damage. I don't want to let my silver roots grow with red below... I'd like to do this all at once. What do you suggest? Thanks so much!
    dikicep9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2009, 08:19 PM
    Cut it alllll off. You'll have to start from the beginning. A short pixie cut would be the best and depending on your face shape, you might want to add height on top with a technique called texturizing if your face is round or square. Pixie cuts can be very becoming on older or younger women with the right attitude to pull it off. If you have a great neck and jaw line or a great shaped head with nice ears, you won't have a problem. And remember, silver hair beauties rock!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dying my hair silver/gray [ 7 Answers ]

I recently decided I wanted to have a change in hair color. I have black hair and I want to dye my hair silver/gray like halle berry in x-men.. any suggestions on how to do it without having to go to the salon?

My blonde hair has gone silver/purple after using purple shampoo [ 8 Answers ]

Im hoping somebody can help me as I've had a bit of a hair disaster recently! Basically, my hair was fine as it was, and I hardly had any roots yet I like that feeling after you have just had your hair done, there's more life to it. As I was going out that same night I didn't have time to go to...

From white to silver hair [ 1 Answers ]

I have dyed my hair black-dark brown (it's original color) since it started going gray 20 years ago and started adding highlights to help lighten it, but as much as I love having black hair, it's just too dark for my skin anymore. My hair is now almost completely white, so trying to keep it the...

Hair Color Change over the years [ 1 Answers ]

As I've grown older, my hair color has changed noticeably. When I was a little kid, my hair was very blonde, however as I've grown older, my hair color has changed to a much more brown-ish color. It doesn't bother me, its just something I've always been curious about. Is it genetic or some external...

View more questions Search