Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    laurahunt Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 09:15 PM
    Scaly Neck Rash
    I have had a rash type condition on my neck and chest that resembles a sunburn off and on for the past 2 or 3 years. I had not worried about it because it was just dry, ruff, skin. But now it is scaly, red, blotchy, and ruff. It abrubtly stops where a tank-top would. I put aloe-vera on it the other day and immediately regretted it, with stinging and burning. Last time I went to the dermatologist they said it was dry skin. I did as told but it only got worse. I have no idea what it is. Please help!
    Greg Quinn Posts: 486, Reputation: 85

May 13, 2008, 10:12 PM
    Hi Laura
    I hope you're doctor told you that you have Eczema, I have a link here for info and lots of different treatment options. There are some people who need one type of medication and others that need other types of meds. There is no one treatment for all Eczema sufferers.
    If buying a life time of prescriptions is difficult for you? I have a very close friend of mine named Corie, and he has the same problem. His came when he was about 14 yrs old.
    He uses a very different med than most people, he finds triple antibiotic polysporin to work the best for him, (It treats his skin and heals damage, + retains moisture) and he finds that his skin improves after a few days.
    I'm not sure if it is the best, but he says it doesn't burn and it heals the skin that is rashed. (He's 31 now)

This link does try to sell a product called Bioskinbalm. But at the same time they have incredible information and admit that their product is not always enough.
    Eczema, Dermatitis, Dry Skin & Skin Rashes
    I hope this helped a bit.
    P.S Drink lots of water.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rash on the back of my neck and lower back. [ 14 Answers ]

I've been getting this rash that is almost hive like feeling (when I touch it, it feels like welts like you get with hives) it itches but I can't see it. The rash is on my lower back, and the hairline of my neck. In the morning it is the worst and then it seems to get better throughout the...

Red rash circles on my neck [ 8 Answers ]

Hello I have 3 red circles on my left hand side of the back of my neck ones as big as a golf balls other to the size of M&Ms they ich me and have a ruff texture when I rub my finger over the outer edge of the cirlces the outer edge of red while the middle is a white/pinky colour I had them on my...

Neck Rash [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I notice a neck rash that has developed on the right side of my neck, very itchy and swelling. I have never had this before and it will not go away. I tried cortisone cream for the itch, blistasol because I thought it was a big ringworn. Neither help. It is located right under the...

Neck rash (pimple like) [ 2 Answers ]

OK so wo years ago I got this thing on my neck I assume that it's a rash it looks like I have pimples on my neck and they itch but, if I scratch them then they hurt. Anyway they went away for a while and now they are back and I don't know how to get rid of them. Help what should I do.:confused:

Neck rash [ 8 Answers ]

A few years ago I began to notice a rash on one side of my neck. Today it has progressed to both sides of my lower face and down both sides of my neck. It is dark and splotchy. Any idea what might be causing this discoloration?

View more questions Search