Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luscious Leo Posts: 65, Reputation: 12

Mar 1, 2009, 08:06 PM

OTC
    Dr. Palmers (minimal)
    Ultra Glow(mininal)
    Herbalinn fairness cream (not a scam, did work and brighten skin for two-weeks. Expensive with use, did not maintain)
    Jiaoli(dark spots only)
    20% monobenzone from .net (1st order worked great! But they ripped me off the second time I ordered by not sending it at all!)
    Currently: dilluted 15% monobenzone

I know that a lot of people have tried mono and have had terrible results with it. I think most for the people are very dark to begin with and it irritates their skin. I am two shade lighter than Mariah Carey and I have had no problem. I had faint melasma and freckles that I am successfully lightening.
    Yes there is great deal of peeling and effort, but if you aren't allergic or sensitive, and want it bad enough, you have to grin and bare.

Mar 1, 2009, 08:07 PM

Adding: sorry, obviously the only OTC creams were the Dr. Palmers and Ultra Glow.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Mar 1, 2009, 08:20 PM

I'm using a combination of monobenzone and HQ 20%, that has worked well for me
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Mar 2, 2009, 07:43 AM
    Lighterrr, do you think I should do Mono as well??
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    im using a combination of monobenzone and HQ 20%, that has worked well for me
    toofrank Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Mar 3, 2009, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pkennedy1990 View Post
    First of all, I am NATIVE AMERICAN. I only answer this because I get treated like "black" everywhere I go because my skin is dark. That is the ONLY reason. I actually have Native/Hispanic features. My fellow Choctaw INDIANS tell me that that is probably why Black men can't keep their filthy sleazy hands off me, because I am, and look, Indian but they think all dark skin is "black" and thus, "theirs" to paw all over and never take NO for an answer...

Monobenzone works. The only problem is it is prohibitively EXPENSIVE. I got some, one little tube of it for about $80, the pharmacy took like three months to get it ordered (there is only one place in all of Canada and its counterpart in the States, that manufactures the stuff) and because of that horrendous price, I haven't been able to afford any more of it. It did, however, start to work, that much I can tell. I can also tell that if I had used like 40% or 60% concentration I would have seen more results even from that tiny little tube.

So, as someone who is sick and tired of being treated like something she is NOT everywhere I go, this stuff is worth it. Worth working my fingers to the bone for enough money to get more of it, that is.

For someone who is a dark-skinned Native American or Latina but who is OK with being treated like "African" instead with all the negative cultural assumptions that goes with all of that, then, no, Monobenzone would not be worth it.

And as for "danger" - how can there be any danger factor associated with getting the "right" colour skin to get a job in the fields of Math, Science, Computers, or Law...a JOB that will pay for the insurance needed to go to the dermatologist for the SUNSCREEN that will be all you will really need for the rest of your life, anyway....!

All this depends on why you need lighter skin. If you are Native or Latina and OK with being treated like something you are culturally and ethnically NOT, with all the negative implications that always go with it, then, use Hydroquinone or Kojic Acid or something weaker.
    If you are being treated like crap and not getting the job you'd like, it isn't your skin color, it's YOU! I know plenty of dark black people with good paying jobs and healthy fulfilling lives. Perhaps your lack of intelligence and crappy attitude is what's keeping you back in life. I'm brown and VERY happy, sucks to be you I guess.:rolleyes:
    toofrank Posts: 6, Reputation: 3

Mar 3, 2009, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by makesence View Post
    pkennedy1990, you must really feel highly of yourself, what makes you think that there is a positive outlook on Native Americans, afterall you are drunks and could not even hold on to you own land! What makes you think that black men want you, this must be a desire of yours, because I don't know many black men that like Native American women, maybe Latin American women, but not native american women, as far as I know native americans are not attractive at all. So maybe your problem is not that you are dark, but because you are just plain unattractive, I think maybe you should also consider plastic surgery while you are working on the "perfect skin color", because if you are light and ugly, it means nothing.
    Oh and by the way I am a beautiful, proud black women with a great job, and Oh by the way, maybe you should stop drinking and get an education, then maybe, you will get that job in Math, Science, Computers, or Law.. and as for being treated like "African," I would rather be treated that way, then like a "Native," and also, don't put yourself in the category of latinos, because they are naturally beautiful no matter what shade they are.
    I'm rethinking sharing any knowledge on this board. This is unacceptable. Why try to offend an entire group of people to get your point across? The person who posted that atrocity above is just one person with a screwed up mindset and doesn't speak for ALL Natives. To make ugly remarks about an entire group of people based on one loser is wrong, period.

Mar 3, 2009, 05:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by toofrank View Post
    If you are being treated like crap and not getting the job you'd like, it isn't your skin color, it's YOU! I know plenty of dark black people with good paying jobs and healthy fulfilling lives. Perhaps your lack of intelligence and crappy attitude is what's keeping you back in life. I'm brown and VERY happy, sucks to be you I guess.:rolleyes:
    SERIOUSLY! Look at the way she sounds when she talks! Obnoxious...
    Tootie43 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 03:59 PM
    Can you please email the information to me... I'm african american and very interested.

Thank you,

Karen

[email protected]
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 05:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by luscious leo View Post
    seriously! Look at the way she sounds when she talks! Obnoxious....
    Lmao
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 05:28 PM

SO SEXY Don't DO MONO, use HQ it works best and you won't end up with white spots

tootie I have used this regimin and it worked well for me

1.) kojic acid soap wash body 2X daily
    2.) hq 20% mixed with movate used for 2 weeks got 2 shades lighter from usage
    3.) continued with hq 20% till I reached my desired colour

I now maintain my colour by using

1.) hq 5% 3 times a week
    2.) retina cream apply twice daily
    3.) take vitamin c and gluthathione pills

may try injections but have not worked up the courage to do so yet

good luck
    chandani Posts: 98, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 07:15 AM

Hq from mono.net do not work... dont get duped by sellers!

So sad how someone can market mono as the best thing she's ever used with no problems when everyone else was having disfigured skin.. and then when mono.net comes out wit hq.. now all of a sudden mono's bad and hq's the best thing ever.. seriously sad...

Don't GET DUPED PEOPLE..!
    chandani Posts: 98, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 07:16 AM
    I have used hq FROM MONO.NET and I can guarantee you that it doesn't work.. its not real hq!
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 09:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chandani View Post
    I have used hq FROM MONO.NET and i can guarentee you that it doesnt work..its not real hq !!
    Disagree
    BlackSkinGirl Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 09:48 AM
    disagree
    I am a Kelly Roland complexion... would this work for me or would it just be weird?

I am a newbie... I am researching brightners, lightners, whiteners... initially due to the scarring form my acne & the bill.
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2009, 10:10 AM

Blackskin, I can only let you know what has worked for me, I have used highb hq with really good results, I of course used a whitening soap in combination with the cream, now to maintain my colour I still use hq a few times weekly with retin a and whitening pills
    tryin2lighten Posts: 41, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2009, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chandani View Post
    I have used hq FROM MONO.NET and i can guarentee you that it doesnt work..its not real hq !!
    Chandani, can I ask you what works for you?
    BlackSkinGirl Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2009, 08:43 AM
    blackskin, i can only let you know what has worked for me, i have used highb hq with really good results, i of course used a whitening soap in combination with the cream, now to maintain my colour i still use hq a few times weekly with retin a and whitening pills
    Lighterrr... I DO appreciate you.Thank you!

Can I ask you the product names.

I am not familiar w/ the dialog/ terms...
    What is 'Highb' & what pills are safe to use(the name of the pills) if you would please.
    pcool232 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2009, 11:38 PM

Hey if you are looking to make African american friend around the world.. where can I go my friend suggested african america friends
    Ultra Member

Apr 16, 2009, 08:59 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by pcool232 View Post
    hey if you are looking to make African american friend around the world..where can I go my friend suggested african america friends
    Ummm what:eek:
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Apr 16, 2009, 11:02 AM

Lol @ lighterrr

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help. African American With Bad Acne. Help [ 32 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I am a african american female with the worse acne possible. I have no idea what to do about all of this in my face. I have tried just about everything on the market and I am feeling hopeless now. At present, I am using proactiv solutions to try to clear up my face, and that seems not...

Skin lightner for African/African American/Black people? [ 46 Answers ]

Ok I am fairly new on this site and I am having a hard time figuring out what race is everyone. I am not trying to racist or anything. What works on other races doesn't work on black people and vice versa... With that being said... Hi, Im Amina. I was a mid brown color. Before going to college...

African American given names [ 8 Answers ]

Not having grown up with African Americans (I'm in northern Canada), I'm curious as to the significance of the unique, interesting names of many African American girls and women. For example, on American Idol, there is Tinnik, Mandisa, and of course Fantasia from 2 years ago. Is this some sort of...

African-american musician [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a blind black musician who recorded probably during the 20s through 30s.The story is he was blinded by his mother possibly with lye,I think he was a blues singer who played a guitar.I tried goggle but I don't have a enough information. Thanks for any information...

African American History after the civil war [ 1 Answers ]

I got a couple of questions... ;D 1. What was presidential reconsturction? What policies concerning Freedmen are most associated with it? 2. What was congressional reconstruction? What are the greatest and/or enduring accomplishments of this era? 3. What were the black codes? 4. What...

View more questions Search