Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kebe Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2007, 08:23 AM
    Try benzyl arbutin between 5% and 20% you can buy it from herbalinn.com there fairness cream or depig,com
    sherycocoa Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2007, 10:35 AM
    Let me give you all the secret of lightening your skin to up to 3-4 shades.
    1st of all, am using herbalinn cream mixed with topifram cream not the tube one(the one in eye drop kind of container). When you start it, use morning and night for 4 weeks to get to 1 to 2 shade lighter then used only night afterward. Use nur76 lightening cream in the morning and you will get quick and fast result and it looks so natural . Creams work but too much on skin makes it uneven so you have to give your skin break atimes. Once in a while leave your skin for at least 4 day without applying any of it just normal mosturizer and then go back to the step for another 3 weeks and you will see a great result.

Chao and good luck all. This is what am using right now
    almondeyes Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2007, 12:03 PM
    Hey I read on one forum that you can order 10% hydroqinone from a European site. I've been searching for weeks and I canot find it anywhere. Does anyone know where you can order hydroqinone in a higher strength than what's available over the counter without going to a dermatologist?
    no1brownsugar Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Aug 26, 2007, 11:42 AM
    Isn't that illegal 2 have in the uk?

Aug 27, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Well Maybe in the UK but I'm in the US and no its not here

Aug 27, 2007, 04:59 PM
    And I found the answer to my question...
    nimmi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2007, 12:25 PM
    Have you guys ever used "palmer's fade cream" ? I just started using. One of my friends recommended that. I am from India and my skin is dark brown. I want to go about 2 shades lighter. Please help me
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Sep 6, 2007, 02:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by almondeyes
    And I found the answer to my question...
    Hello, how are you? I would like to know if you were able to find/purchase the 10% hydroquinone cream and if so can you give me that information.

Sep 6, 2007, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nimmi
    Have you guys ever used "palmer's fade cream" ? I just started using. One of my friends recommended that. I am from India and my skin is dark brown. I want to go about 2 shades lighter. Please help me
    I have been using palmers for about 1 week now and my skin looks flawless.
    no1brownsugar Posts: 60, Reputation: 4

Sep 6, 2007, 03:12 PM
    Palmers what? I've bin using cocoa butter formaulae but I haven't seen a differnece from the 5 yrs I've bin using it
    Xx

Sep 6, 2007, 06:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by no1brownsugar
    palmers wot? i've bin using cocoa butter formaulae but i havnt seen a differnece from the 5 yrs i've bin using it
    xx
    Palmers fade cream
    t71106 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pkennedy1990
    My fellow Choctaw INDIANS tell me that that is probably why Black men can't keep their filthy sleazy hands off me, because I am, and look, Indian but they think all dark skin is "black" and thus, "theirs" to paw all over and never take NO for an answer...
    That was a VERY insulting comment. I am african-american with these "sleazy" and "filthy" black men as brothers whom you categorize so casually. If your going to talk about hydroquione or whatever it is you use then talk about it and leave your prejudice comments for another topic.
    tatertot Posts: 40, Reputation: 13
    -

Oct 12, 2007, 11:09 AM
    Hydroquinone has been associated with thyroid, kidney and liver problems and other side effects. Be careful. There other ingredience that won't have side effects
    Kia Posts: 272, Reputation: 13

Jan 10, 2008, 06:36 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by realsweet
    the 6% i got, like i said i dont want to advertise so if you want to know just send me an message or let me know and we can speak in private. Im a dark-skinned african american. not burnt. but i have a carribean/native american complexion I can't describe my complexion and compare it to a celeb because not alot of people have my complexion. my face has many different colors on it. very dark on my forehead and cheeks. when i was done with the 2oz cream for the face and neck were completely even from what i remember. The 6% that i used on my body lightened me really fast i saw a difference in a week. but i just started to use it again today so i have to start over and i look foward to the results. The 6% comes in 2oz and 4oz. i always order the 2oz because as u may imagine they are very expensive. As long as you dont over do the 2oz it prob last a month the 4oz maybe a little longer. I found out you can order there stuff over the phone..so if u are interested let me know. I also know of a skin spa in los angeles and the facial lightened me about 3 shades immediately. they have other locations in california and i think one in georgia. When you are ready...contact me
    Hi! I just wanted to know where I could get 4% & 6% hydroquine over the phone? I would like to order it. Thanks-)

I couldn't get through to your private messages
    incognito4 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2008, 10:06 PM
    [QUOTE=pkennedy1990]First of all, I am NATIVE AMERICAN. I only answer this because I get treated like "black" everywhere I go because my skin is dark. That is the ONLY reason. I actually have Native/Hispanic features. My fellow Choctaw INDIANS tell me that that is probably why Black men can't keep their filthy sleazy hands off me, because I am, and look, Indian but they think all dark skin is "black" and thus, "theirs" to paw all over and never take NO for an answer...

So, as someone who is sick and tired of being treated like something she is NOT everywhere I go, this stuff is worth it. Worth working my fingers to the bone for enough money to get more of it, that is.

For someone who is a dark-skinned Native American or Latina but who is OK with being treated like "African" instead with all the negative cultural assumptions that goes with all of that...

And as for "danger" - how can there be any danger factor associated with getting the "right" colour skin to get a job in the fields of Math, Science, Computers, or Law... a JOB that will pay for the insurance needed to go to the dermatologist for the SUNSCREEN that will be all you will really need for the rest of your life, anyway..

Wow, the answers to this topic were showing to be very helpful, until reaching your ignorant post... it was completely unnecessary for you to insult Black Men or people for that matter just to give an answer... and actually before you posted, someone had already given that same advice, so you could have left your insecure ignorant 2 cents to yourself! Also, maybe you should reflect on the REAL reason you're not getting the jobs you desire because you certainly don't sound educated, so go to school! Trust me, it pays off because I am a BLACK woman with a career in the field of LAW and according to your definition I'm not the "right" colour, lol... But, anyway enough of entertaining your ignorance, THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO REPLIED WITH Beneficial INFORMATION! I LOOK FORWARD TO TRYING SOME OF YOUR REGIMENS!
    mon86ica Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 9, 2008, 08:43 PM
    Ok, no-ONE should be using hydroquione higher than 2%.. Its not safe. There are other products that are natural, that will lighten your skin, may be not drastically, but enough to even out skin tone. Talk to your dermatologist about retinols, glycolic acid peels, botanical skin lighteners... and don't BUY FOREIGN products, that don't properly label there ingredients. Most of those creams contain mercury and steroids!
    muna Posts: 147, Reputation: 5
    -

Mar 10, 2008, 04:08 AM
    When something is banned in certain countries does not mean it is bad, Canada has the best health care for course no comparison between America and Canada especially in health care , Canada is the best and 4% Hydroquinone can be bought over the counter, so all the talk about it being bad is wrong, and the drugs legislations in every country is different but does not mean the drugs that are banned are bad it is just policy an money, if you read about DS it is not approved by the FDA just like millions of other good products that are banned or not approved while they are effective and by the way every one is saying now use Kojic, it is natural do not use HQ, there're a lot of studies out saying that Kojic acid might cause cancer so this catchy word (natural) is just over used and to tell you the truth I hate it I feel the seller always wants to deceive me when they say that, and all the products on TV by the way are not approved by the FDA not because they are all bad, it is just they don't want to spend a lot of money in searching to see if they're good or bad. And about HQ you just have to follow the instructions like other creams, do not use for a long time if you don't see results and if you do you just have to follow about when to use it and when not just like RetinA, you can not use RetinA all the 12 months of the year and using retinA and HQ by the way give the best results. Any whitening product when you stop the melanin will be soooo happy to come back so it is very natural to find yourself darker.
    Nectaria Posts: 5, Reputation: -1

Mar 10, 2008, 12:36 PM
    To pkennedy1990 I just pity you and will tell you just one thing black is black whether you are a black african, a black native american or a black indian plus I don't really understand which negative cultural assumptions you are talking about as a lot african have very good jobs compared to native american who have lost any credit to alcohol and are not very useful in the america`s economy or culture.
    all_honesty Posts: 35, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2009, 12:14 PM
    RECALL INFORMATION
    Feb 13---Bio Claire recalls Natural Bio-vegetal Activator BODY LOTION---Ireland

Manufacturer: See Below

Product: Home

Start Date: 2009-02-13 End Date: 2009-03-13

Product: Lightening body lotion without hydroquinone – Natural Bio-vegetal Activator

Brand: Bio Claire

Type/number of model: P:05/08 E:05/11 082657 “S3”

Description: White 8” (200ml) high container with white screw-top lid.

Country of origin: Ivory Coast

Chemical

The product poses a chemical risk because it contains 0.06% of hydroquinone.

The product does not comply with the Cosmetics Directive 76/768/EEC.

Voluntary withdrawal from the market and recall from consumers.
    kpangor Posts: 357, Reputation: 2

Mar 1, 2009, 07:59 PM

I had chemical peel done to remove moskitos bite while on vacation I don't know about it lightening the skin though

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Help. African American With Bad Acne. Help [ 32 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I am a african american female with the worse acne possible. I have no idea what to do about all of this in my face. I have tried just about everything on the market and I am feeling hopeless now. At present, I am using proactiv solutions to try to clear up my face, and that seems not...

Skin lightner for African/African American/Black people? [ 46 Answers ]

Ok I am fairly new on this site and I am having a hard time figuring out what race is everyone. I am not trying to racist or anything. What works on other races doesn't work on black people and vice versa... With that being said... Hi, Im Amina. I was a mid brown color. Before going to college...

African American given names [ 8 Answers ]

Not having grown up with African Americans (I'm in northern Canada), I'm curious as to the significance of the unique, interesting names of many African American girls and women. For example, on American Idol, there is Tinnik, Mandisa, and of course Fantasia from 2 years ago. Is this some sort of...

African-american musician [ 2 Answers ]

I am looking for the name of a blind black musician who recorded probably during the 20s through 30s.The story is he was blinded by his mother possibly with lye,I think he was a blues singer who played a guitar.I tried goggle but I don't have a enough information. Thanks for any information...

African American History after the civil war [ 1 Answers ]

I got a couple of questions... ;D 1. What was presidential reconsturction? What policies concerning Freedmen are most associated with it? 2. What was congressional reconstruction? What are the greatest and/or enduring accomplishments of this era? 3. What were the black codes? 4. What...

View more questions Search