Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nadodo70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 03:37 PM
    I am being sued by Chase Bank for $26,000 credit card debt
    I am being sued by Chase Bank for a debt I owe. It is around $26,000, I had this credit card for 17 years with a great payment history. I called my creditor and cancelled the account and I told them as soon as I find a job I will call them to make arragement they have decided to sue me. I am unemployed for the last 8 months and I had a tremendous amount of lost from my real estate business. I have 20 calendar days to file a written response to the complain. I do not have an attorney how do I respond to this complaint?
    u565425 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2010, 02:39 PM
    I don't know but I wish someone would answer because I am in the same boat as you = I owe Chase about 20,000 - told them I have been on short term disability since June and looking like will be permanent ssd - I not only had a perfect record but I also worked for them for about 6 yrs in aof all places the collection dept = apprently things have changed - when I was with them in 1998, they would not sue anything under 20,000 = you would think they would not be suing so much when no one has any money... my health has been deteriotang for yrs and I have only managed to pay them through an auto settlement I one - but between payng them and my other cards, it is tapped out - my medications cost 600.00 every 3 months - I am only getting 330 every two weeks - thank heavens my spouse kept all of his things separate - I just sw a debt agency tha was trying to get me to go with them and they told me if I hd no assets then they would suspend my drivers license??
    Jakjack Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2010, 10:45 PM
    Check out credit infocenter and debtorboards. You'll find valuable advice; enough to perhaps insure a successful outcome for you in court...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sued Credit Card Debt [ 11 Answers ]

Hey I received I guess you would call it a credit card judgement for a debt I owe of $1700. Plus $ 750.00 Attorney fee for them , I guess... I have a 4 yr old, 5 month old, pregnant again with #3, and unemployed. Just recently got laid off from my previous job of 8 yrs. My husband is the only...

Being sued over an old credit card debt. [ 2 Answers ]

Greetings, I recently was served with papers via a Sherrif's deputy around 2 months ago. I answered the supeona and followed all of the proper channels notifying the bottom feeder collection attorney that bought the debt that the debt was incorrect, not mine, and that the statue of limitations had...

View more questions Search