Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jkm_22 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 24, 2006, 09:16 AM
    E-Filing
    Hi
    Can F1 Students use the free e-filing on TurboTax or any other e-filing system

Thanks
    Joe
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 24, 2006, 10:33 AM
    JKM:

Not with TurboTax. I do not believe that Turbo Tax offers software for Form 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ, which is the tax form you must file under F-1 visa status.

Such software does exist (it has been cited on this forum), but I do not use it and do not know if efiling is an available option for the software.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

F1 to H1B tax filing [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am a little confused about what forms and how many versions of them I must fill out this year. I was an F1 (Canadian) student (on OPT) until 4/1/05. After that date, I became and H1B non-immigrant worker. My employer has broken my income into two separate W-2s. The first, from when I...

H1 to F1 to H1 tax filing [ 7 Answers ]

Hello Experts, Until 2002 We (me and my wife) used to file 1040 for tax purposes. We both had jobs and both were on H1B Status. (1040 married joint filing) 2003, and 2004 we filed 1040 for tax purposes. My wife was on H1B and I Was on F1 (Full Time Student) Status.(1040 married joint...

Filing for NJ and NY [ 31 Answers ]

I worked in NJ and NY this year. I am a NJ resident. I am using turbo tax. When I do each state filing, do I only enter the W2s that were sent by that state into the respective return or do I need to keep them add them together? Any insight is appreciated. Dave

Filing [ 2 Answers ]

I am legal guardian and conservator of my incapacitated mother. How do I file her taxes?

View more questions Search