Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drmcnutt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Dating versus seeing each other.what's the difference?
    I have been in a relationship since Jan 1st. The gentleman I am involved with says we are seeing each other rather than dating... what is the difference?
    holly_penyo Posts: 81, Reputation: 11

May 13, 2008, 02:54 PM
    It all depends on the person, but to me it sounds like he is still keeping his options open, and or/ isn't ready for a real relationship with you. Is it possible that he is seeing someone else?
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

May 13, 2008, 10:20 PM
    Seeing each other and dating are the same thing. But he has discovered some women think "dating" is an exclusive endeavor, you know that it's not.

Until you officially ask her to be your exclusive girlfriend/fiance, you really CAN date anyone you wish. But women will frequently respond badly to that, even if you haven't become exclusive yet. Unfair? Yes. But common.

Just keep that in mind.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

May 15, 2008, 07:05 AM
    Dating and seeing someone is the same thing and its for having fun while you get to know each other and decide to take it to the next level, exclusive dating. There are no commitments of being exclusive while dating or "seeing someone". So have fun and see where it goes, remember you are as free as he is.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

We're dating, but he posted on a dating site! [ 11 Answers ]

We've only been dating for about a month or so. The first couple of weeks, he called me every day, sometimes twice a day. Then it was less frequent. I assumed he didn't have the guts to break it off, so I stopped calling him and he wouldn't call me for a few days, but he always called. Said...

Courting & Dating- what's the difference? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm unsure as to what the difference is? Can any one tell me the difference and which one you prefer/ have had experience with?

Provigil versus strattera [ 1 Answers ]

Does provigil work better than strattera in treating add? What are the differences b/w the two?

Dating versus Relationships [ 28 Answers ]

It is obvious to me there is a lot of confusion between dating and relationships. Much like the resume may get you an interview, and the interview may land you that great job... it works much the same way in the romance department too. The introduction is what precedes being asked out or asking...

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search