Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    M_CONTR Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 01:17 PM
    Recover the floppy drive A: in My Computer
    XP Windows Home edition I have a problem with my floppy drive.
    My doc I tried to save it to my floppy drive A: in My Computer and It's not there!! everytime that I turn on my PC it boots OK ,but it said there is a problem with my floppy disc . How do I recover it ?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

May 14, 2008, 06:54 PM
    Can you be more specific, what problem or error are you getting when you try to use the a drive? But the light lights up when you trun it on, correct? And then you cannot see the drive when you open windows explorer?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Floppy drive does not see disk [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Sony VAio pcv-rs720g running windows XP home ed. When I put a disk in the floppy drive it tells me that there is no disk in the drive and to insert one. I've tried a dozen disks. Also I went to device manager and deleted the floppy controller and reinstalled it, no help. I reset the AMI...

Floppy Drive Discrepancy [ 3 Answers ]

A friend of mine has a few image files on a floppy disc (how archaic!) and I said that I would put them on a CD (what a waste of space). Anyway, the floppy is recoginzed on their computer (WinXP), but not mine. I have two computers and both say "Please insert a disk into the drive A:". I don't...

Floppy disk drive inoperative [ 1 Answers ]

Have a Dell XPS T600r computer. Floppy disk drive was installed by Dell. Recently, The drive doesn't work. It is shown as Drive A in My Computer, but when I click on it, it says " Please insert disk into drived A....I do reclick drive A and the same message reappears. If I try to copy something to...

View more questions Search