Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malora70 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 09:58 AM
    Preditory lending?
    I have been trying to refinance with countrywide bank for approx. 2 months now. At first I was told we didn't need any money down except the inspection fee of 395.00. Then because we have a septic system(wich they had known about already) we were told we would have to tie into the city sewer but not to worry we could include it in our loan. Then we were told we had to pay all of our debt even if it wasn't delinquent. Again not to worry we will include it in the loan. My husband had an old judgement that needed to be paid and when we tried to make contact to pay the debt we were told we had to pay all of this interest. I contacted Country wide they said don't worry we will work it out but you may need to bring at the most 1,000 to closing. They woulden't tell me exactly how much but assured me it would be 1,000 at the most. Finally they said they would try to wave the tie in fee for the sewer so we woulden't have to bring anything to closing so they put off the closing date. Now we are in the middle of the month they have told me not to pay my current the mortgage wich is due in 2 days. They called me last night and said that we would have to pay 5,000 to close!! At this point I have contacted every one we owe debt to and told them they are getting there money and if this falls through I don't know what will happen. We don't have 5,000 all we can give them is 2,000. But I just don't know what to do. Please advise.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 13, 2008, 01:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by malora70
    I have been tring to refinance with countrywide bank for approx. 2 months now. At first I was told we didn't need any money down except the inspection fee of 395.00. Then because we have a septic system(wich they had known about already) we were told we would have to tie into the city sewer but not to worry we could include it in our loan. Then we were told we had to pay all of our debt even if it wasn't delinquent. Again not to worry we will include it in the loan. My husband had an old judgement that needed to be payed and when we tried to make contact to pay the debt we were told we had to pay all of this interest. I contacted Country wide they said don't worry we will work it out but you may need to bring at the most 1,000 to closing. They woulden't tell me exactly how much but assured me it would be 1,000 at the most. Finally they said they would try to wave the tie in fee for the sewer so we woulden't have to bring anything to closing so they put off the closing date. Now we are in the middle of the month they have told me not to pay my current the mortgage wich is due in 2 days. They called me last night and said that we would have to pay 5,000 to close!!!!!!! At this point I have contacted every one we owe debt to and told them they are getting there money and if this falls through I don't know what will happen. We don't have 5,000 all we can give them is 2,000. But I just don't know what to do. Please advise.

Have you checked out Countrywide on the Internet?

I'm a little confused here - you are refinancing or getting a second mortgage? I don't understand why the money for the debts isn't going to be held in escrow and then paid following the closing of the loan - ?

I would not be taking legal advice concerning paying the current mortgage from these people.

What does your Attorney say? Please tell me you aren't trying to do this on your own -
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2008, 02:05 PM
    Just bring your mortgage payment current and tell Countrywide you are no longer interested.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 13, 2008, 05:38 PM
    YOU need to shop around, pay up current and see what other lenders are offering.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lending money to my daughter for house purchase [ 4 Answers ]

I want to support my 23 yr old daughter in buying a property with her friend. She earns a very low wage qnd does not have agod credit record. I am giving her £20,000 and I want to support her in borrowing a further £30,000. I am willing to borrow the extra on my mortgage. How do I make sure that...

Experts of monobenzone, I can use your lending hand about bleaching my skin [ 22 Answers ]

Please, Is their anyone I can TRUST! All response are welcome, I looking for someone who is very informed and have Experienced monobenzone (power or cream) skin bleaching agent. I am very interested in bleaching my skin 3-4 shades lighter. Things I would love to known; Personal experience...

Lending to Borrowers [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to lend money to borrowers because my CD is about to mature and the rate is going to be horrible. Is there a solid way to lend money and set your own interest rate? Our a website that coordinates small loans for lenders? I know the risk would be a default but what are the laws...

North Alliance Lending Services [ 2 Answers ]

Has anyone been scammed by North Alliance Lending Services?

View more questions Search