Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

May 15, 2008, 10:35 AM
    Scotgem,

It was a handout I received at a Department of Labor seminar. I will go in and delete it if you wish.. I just thought it was very interesting.

Shirley
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 15, 2008, 10:37 AM
    [QUOTE=Wildsporty]Both. It is an article I read and kept from a seminar I went to one time put on by a local Department of Labor meeting I attend each month. It is DOLEA which stands for Department of Labor employers association. It was given to us as a handout at the seminar.

I don't think you can just post it without giving credit - I'm sure a monitor will be along shortly.

May 15, 2008, 10:38 AM
    Okay,
    I am leaving the thread now.. I agree to disagree with some and I hope others of you find some help with your issues.

Sorry if I ruffled feathers, but I truly believe in the privacy of the individual and respect for that individual.

Shirley
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 15, 2008, 10:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildsporty
    Okay,
    I am leaving the thread now..I agree to disagree with some and I hope others of you find some help with your issues.

Sorry if I ruffled feathers, but I truly believe in the privacy of the individual and respect for that individual.

Shirley
    Shirley,

Not al all. I'm sorry if you took it incorrectly. But as a site we have to be careful of copyright violations. I recently had to deal with an author who found an article she wrote used here to answer a homework question. Even though the poster had included her name as author, she wanted it reduced to only a link to her site.

That article that you posted was very helpful and informative. Its just that you need to attribute it. If it was part of an DOL handout, you need to say that and give the title of the full handout, maybe contact info for the DOLEA.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 15, 2008, 10:45 AM
    Wildsporty agrees: you are correct.. sorry I will edit and change it... thanks shirley

Not a problem for me, not at all but if somebody not familiar with the Law reads it that will be the next question!

May 15, 2008, 10:45 AM
    No offense taken, I deleted the article as I do not know exactly where it came from except from our monthly meeting, and I do not remember which meeting it was just something I had in my files.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Hippa Violation [ 4 Answers ]

My daughter was in the hospital for a considerable amount of time... One wee were approached in the NICu unit by the doctor who asked us about insurance information(wanting to know if we received payment from them) We were approached in the middle of discharge by the billing dept in front of other...

Hippa violation [ 27 Answers ]

My husband did painting for our dentist. It was agreed verbally under the table. No written contract. We received a 1099 for work. Dentist said his accountant saw checks written and sent 1099. Because there was no contract, the dentist would have had to go in my husband's medical file for his...

IS this a Hippa violation? [ 4 Answers ]

In my office we have mental health professionals who have a bachelor's degree or above. My boss is thinking about letting our office manager read our plans, reviews, and notes for "typographical errors and accuracy." I believe that this is a violation of HIPPA as A. she does not have a degree in...

View more questions Search