Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    snAgent Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 08:10 AM
    Starting my own trucking company
    Hi! My name is Sergey. I've been working as a truck driver in Ontario for many years. Six years ago I established my employment agency for drivers, being a driver myself. Lately I started runs to US. My question is: what do I need to establish a trucking company (one truck, one trailer, my contract.. no sub-contract)?
    Thanks.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

May 14, 2008, 04:10 AM
    Hello, Sergey!

If you look down at the bottom of this page, you will see links to questions that have been similar to yours. You might want to first click on them and see what the answers have been. Hopefully, you will find some helpful information there.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 14, 2008, 04:14 AM
    Beyond the permits you want or need for your truck, if you are the only driver, and you only have one truck you don't need ( at least in the US) to do anything. You would be a self employed business, and unless you opened some office in town you have no other requirements. You would be paid ( again in the US) as a 1099 worker ( self employed) and have to pay all of your own taxes, so book keeping of all expenses would be important, you should most certainly talk with a tax accountant over proper book keeping and record keeping

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trucking Company [ 15 Answers ]

Hey Experts! I am an owner operator currently work for a small company in Chicago. I live in LA County California. I own a big rig and have all my numbers (MC, US DOT). I am trying to start my own company and subcontract other owner operators to drive for me. Can anyone give me advice on how to...

Starting my own trucking company [ 2 Answers ]

I have my own authority and Insurance on the truck that I own. But I don't know of or have the resources to find the right paying loads with the right companies and find the right contract that's needed to keep me rolling all year long.

Trucking company [ 8 Answers ]

How Do I Start My Own Trucknig Company?. any Tips?. or Suggestions?

Starting a trucking business [ 1 Answers ]

I live in California and want to start a trucking business delivering appliances and furniture. However I don't know where to begin. A friend of mine who works for bestbuy had offer to help, but once she saw that I was truly interested she backed out of the offer. I really need help! Please if...

View more questions Search