Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cpcooldude28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 13, 2008, 02:22 AM
    2007 W2s
    How do I go by getting my W2s from the jobs that I worked2007 Wendy,and Taco Bell
    Wildsporty Posts: 445, Reputation: 38

May 13, 2008, 07:16 AM
    Contact the places you worked and ask for your W-2.

If you cannot get a response than contact the corporate office.

If you cannot obtain a W-2 you still must file your taxes. This is what you will need to do.

If you have tried numerous times to contact your former employer in order to obtain a copy, with no luck, do you just file your return without it? Not exactly. You must report the income you earned whether you received a W-2 form. But how?

Estimate (via your final paycheck stub or other means) the amount of income you earned from that employer and include that amount as wages on your tax return.
    If you also had federal and/or state income taxes withheld, enter those amounts on your return also.
    Get a copy of Form 4852: Substitute for Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement and fill it out.
    Attach Form 4852 to your Form 1040 (or Form 1040A or 1040-EZ) before you mail it in.
    Form 4852 is a substitute for Form W-2 (and for Form 1099-R, normally issued for retirement distributions). You prepare the form using the best information that you have. The form asks for the following information:

Employer's name and address.
    Employer's federal identification number if you have it.
    Salary and withholding information for the year. (The best place to locate this information is on your last paycheck stub).
    How you determined the amount of salary and withholding you've entered on the form. "Paycheck stub" is a common explanation, but if you cannot locate your last paycheck from that employer, give your best estimates and say so in your explanation.
    What efforts you made toward obtaining your W-2 form. Be specific in your response: list dates of phone calls, letters, visits, whatever you did in your quest for your W-2 form.
    If your employer went out of business, send another copy of the form to the Social Security Administration office that's listed in your phone directory. This is to ensure that you receive proper credit for your wages for Social Security earnings records purposes.

Shirley

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Husband on H1, wife arrived in feb 2007 on H4, converted to F1 in Fall 2007 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I was on H1 visa for the entire period of 2007 and I got married in Jan 2007 in India and came back with my wife in Feb 2007. She came on H4 visa and then started her masters on H4 visa and got it converted to F1 status here in the US itself. She has been working on campus since Sep...

2007 w2 [ 3 Answers ]

How do I get another copy of my 2007 w2s - like immediately!! Online, perhaps?

Son came here on H4 on Dec 17, 2007. Can I claim my son as dependent for 2007 [ 1 Answers ]

I came here on H1B on June 2007, and my wife and son came here on H4 on Dec 17, 2007. Can I claim my son as dependent for 2007?

W2 2007 [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a place I can get a copy of my 2007 w2 form online for free

View more questions Search