Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Xx.Blue.on.Black.Xx Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Feb 23, 2006, 07:40 PM
    In Dire Straights with this hair!!
    :rolleyes: Recently , I was a bleach blonde. Though I made the fatel mistake of over-bleaching it, and now it's like straw.

I know I have to replenish it, with deep conditioner/formulas and the like. Then I did something once again stupid, I dyed it red.:rolleyes:

So now I have this tarnished copper strawberry colour. Needless to say, I am going to dye it a blue-black to cover it up, such a mess.

What I am contimplating at is, when again can I bleach it? Also, how many bleaching processess does it take to get black to blonde?

I also have witnessed some who have bleached black, but come up a greenish hue. BUT I am defiantly going professional NEXT time.

Bottom line is, I want to bleach my hair come summer, will this be possible?

Thanks, a million.:o
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 27, 2006, 01:52 AM
    Blue on Black, if your hair was over processed, it may or may not completely recover. Bleach is highly alkaline, which damages the hair, tearing up the cuticle on the surface of the strands. Do not use more bleach on your hair because it will damage the hair beyond repair. You can limit the damage by using a deep conditioner for 20-30 minutes.

When hair is bleached it goes through different stages of lightening. It goes from dark black, to dark reddish brown, to medium reddish brown, to reddish brown, to light orange red, to gold orange, to gold, to light gold, to yellow, to pale yellow blond, to palest yellow blond. Bleaching the hair can be very difficult. I recommend that you let a professional hairstylist do your color this time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair loss due to hair dye [ 14 Answers ]

I feel sooo terible, I used dye called (biegen, I think) it is very cheap, I did not like the color so I used around 3 boxes in a week to change the color now my hair is very dry and is falling like crazy especially at the front I can see my scalp now, what should I do would my hair grow back or...

HELP! Brown hair color turned my hair a dark red! [ 31 Answers ]

So my girlfriend helped me color my hair to hide a few gray hairs coming in. Its usually a light to med brown, thought I might go darker. We used Loreal excellence crème ( Medium Brown). It actuall turned my hair into almost a dark redish brown, looks like I have naturally dark red hair! HELP! ...

HELP: Going from Black Hair to Brown Hair [ 42 Answers ]

Ok, firstly, Id like to apologies as I realise there are many topics on this forum about this, however, they have only confused me more, as some say that it is not possible to do it without bleaching, and some say that there are hair dye removal products that can do it. I naturally have dark...

How to get rid of hair dye/keeping hair dye from fading [ 4 Answers ]

Hello I have kind of a problem and no one knows what to do, especially me! I have beautiful dark dark brown hair. I don't know why, but I let someone highlight my hair blonde about 2 years ago. They turned orange, so I dyed my hair dark brown again to get my color back and I was happy. Within a...

In dire need of you help here from all of my fellow members [ 12 Answers ]

Is there a way to get a list of Child Physiatrist in New Jersey and if possible a listing of what they deal with, my daughter and I have been every where, most of them are quack, switching medications and messing around her diagnoses none really helping us, only making her feel worse. I want the...

View more questions Search